Still can't get Roon Core working on Innuos Zen Mini

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Screenshot 2020-12-26 at 21.46.14
Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3

2nd Core (the one that works flawlessly) Windows 10 running on 10 year old iMac.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky Q Broadband Hub, Netgear Ethernet Switches and Ethernet connections to all devices.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Zen Mini Mk 3 with RCA audio out to Rega Class A amp and passive speakers.
Description Of Issue

I am still having major problems switching my Core from a Windows 10 device to the Innuos Zen Mini mark 3.

After a lot of angst and effort, Roon is working on my Innous Zen Mini as a Core. I finally restored the backup from the Windows machine over my home network to the Zen Mini. However, since the restore, Roon couldn’t see my music library (which is on the Zen Mini itself).

I performed a backup of my music library from the Zen Mini (via it’s Web interface) to an attached USB drive.

After trying to run Roon again from the Core on the Zen Mini, the music library was still unavailable. I revisited it today and it started to re-scan and import my music library (from somewhere, I can’t tell). All albums are showing as “new” imports and none of my Tags or Bookmarks are working. Lovely.

My first request is to be pointed in the right direction for some instructions of how to fix this latest problem. I find it impossible when relying on Roon to be intuitive, as I do with most Roon set-up procedures. It is the opposite experience with Roon when using it, which is very intuitive. I am looking forward to getting out of this nightmare backup restore experience.

This is so, so, so. painful. I truly am going to give up if I can’t get this sorted by the New Year. I’m not going down the extortionate expense of the Nucleus as I’d prefer to spend the money on Audio equipment. However, I am considering a dedicated server and using my Zen Mini as an endpoint only.

To this end, my second request is some advice (which Knowledge base article(s)?) on restoring my Windows 10 Roon Core backup to a different dedicated device, which will either be another Windows 10 device running on an Intel NUC or a new Mac Mini. I not expecting it to be straightforward because I can’t understand how the backup knows where the music library is when restored to a new device on the network. The Roon software couldn’t even figure this out when being restored to the device my music library is stored on.

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry for my frustration showing, I am trying to be calm.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cannot get Roon to work as a Roon core with Innuos