Strange behaviour volume control Meridian 818v3

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro / i5-6260 CPU / Roon Build number unknown (where can I find it?)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ZTE - H369A - WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 818V3

Description Of Issue

I shut off the Roon software and returned to the original Meridian software because of the fact that this afternoon the volume of my Meridian 818 automatically went spontaneously to the maximum (and not just once). Lucky I maximised the volume at 70 in the Roon software! I was shocked and I don’t trust your software anymore.

Hi @Patrick_Vink,

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for this Zone?

Thanks, @Patrick_Vink.

The settings look okay here.

Did the volume adjust during playback? Or was it when a track was changing? Or the first time that you selected the device during that session of using Roon?

The volume adjust during playback. And when I lowered it, it went automatically to 70, over and over again. I had to switch of the system to stop it.

Hi Dylan,

I haven’t heard from you, do you have an solution for my problem?

Patrick

Are you running the latest fw on the 818v3?

The 818v3 runs on firmware version 4.00

But for your information, a couple of years ago I also tested your software and It also happend with my previous preamp, the Meridian G61R. At that moment I stopped with Roon and the reason I started again is because because Meridian doesn’t support there own software anymore (New imports don’t show album art)

I am just a Roon user not an employee, I had an 818v3 and never experienced the issues you are seeing, newer 818v3 V4.14 fw is available.

Hi @Patrick_Vink,

Apologies for the delay here. I spoke with the team about this, and we did some testing and we were not able to reproduce behavior similar to what you’re seeing. This isn’t something we’ve seen other reports of either, so it’s hard to say exactly why you experienced this.

While there shouldn’t be an issue here moving forward, if you experience and similar behavior in the future, please make a note of the following:

1. The track that is playing
  2. The time the issue occurred

With this information we can enable diagnostics and take a closer look.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

This afternoon it happened again and I was enable to make a video of it. How can ik upload the video?

Regards,
Patrick

Hi @Patrick_Vink — Can you share the video via a shared Dropbox link?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.