DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 2

Cat 6 cabling throughout

WiFi for Macbook (remote)

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LS50 W
Bluesound Flex 2i

Description of Issue

@support

Likely a coincidence but since the most recent update, I’ve ripped 4 CDs and a 7 CD box set. All of these albums have resulted in stray tracks.

Furthermore, the box set was a re-rip. Prior to the re-rip, it did not result in stray tracks but was perfectly organized with complete discs. Yes, I deleted the albums, emptied trashes, cleared caching before the re-ripping (it was 8 months prior).

Finally, using the steps covered in the knowledge base article, I was unsuccessful merging/resolving; problem persisted as if there’s a potential bug.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITH THE KB ARTICLE ABOVE - I HAVE SEEN IT.

I expect a reply to this issue within 4 weeks.

Responding because I see your library is on a Synology, which is the same setup as mine.

In Roon, click Settings, then Library, then Skipped Files. When everything is working properly, this list should be empty. I bet you’ll find files in there though with I/O Errors. Those files are ignored by Roon, which then in turn “cripples” it’s ability to correctly identify albums and group tracks. So for me at least, the stray tracks in the library are being caused by this separate problem.

To correct I/O errors, the KB will direct you to choose Settings, Storage, then the three dots icon next to your Library folder for the NAS, and choose Force Rescan. For me though, this almost never works. Instead, choose the three dot icon, click Edit, and then just click Save (make no changes). The library will re-scan, and the number of tracks imported will tick up by a few when the re-scan is complete. The library will then be able to correctly identify the new album, and the stray tracks nearly always correct themselves.

For me, I have to go through these steps almost 100% of the time that I add a new album rip. It will almost never load the new album without I/O Errors causing it to then mis-identify or break up the album. I think this problem is on the Synology side, not with Roon. I think that the Synology is allowing the new files to be seen by Roon over the network before they have been fully written or copied. Roon tries to read the incompletely written file, fails, and then gets stuck.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @Thomas_Becker,

Can you give @RestoreThis recommendation a try and let us know if this helps? Thanks!

That didn’t resolve the issue. I have never had any import issues prior to this week.

Please close this topic.

Unfortunately, no files in there.

Hi @Thomas_Becker,

A fix for broken imported albums was included in our latest update, Build 918

Please install 918 on all your devices, that should get you fixed up.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.