Stream only subscription

As more and more people only use Roon for streaming, and now with the competition from Tidal Connect, wouldn’t it be beneficial for you to provide a stream only subscription on a slightly lover price point?

What is the issue with the price, Roon is cheap enough for what it delivers in my opinion. I spend more (much more) on Fish N Chips annually without a thought. I would expect the development cost would be the same for this option, if not more because of running two systems.

Just my thought on the issue.

3 Likes

As most users, according to roon, are streaming only already there doesn’t seem to be much incentive to change.

1 Like

Alright, I wasn’t aware that most users were only using Roon for streaming. Thanks for that info.

Is that actually correct? If it is, it is quite surprising.

I think Danny wrote in a thread that most subscribers are stream only with a tablet and a core.

I’m very surprised. But it is simple and it was how I started though I have since evolved into a more sophisticated Roon user!

Actually I must correct myself. The vast majority have a streaming service but local is also owned by the majority.

1 Like

I agree with this sentiment. User base and features should not be split into tiers of subscription.

1 Like

Consider yourself corrected! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why I Left Roon