Streaming from Nucleus to Hegel H190

Hello
I hope I’m in the right place.
I am upgrading my equipment to Kef r3 speakers and a Hegel H190 amp.
My problem is the Hegel although Roon Ready it does not have WiFi which means running a ethernet cable around the room and across two doorways which I want to avoid.
Is there a way around this? is there anything I could steam to from my Nucleus that would connect to the Hegel.

You are aware that you don’t have to connect the Nucleus to the Hegel but the Nucleus and the Hegel are both independently connected to the network?

Asking because if the Nucleus and the Hegel are close to each other, surely you can connect them both to the network, using 2 parallel network cables (as you need one for the Nucleus anyway). This would be preferable.

The Hegel has a USB input and you can run a USB cable from the Nucleus to the Hegel, but not sure if this solves your problem. I’m having a hard time picturing your setup scenario.

Another option might be a wireless bridge, which connects to your wifi wirelessly and has an Ethernet output that connects to the Hegel. Like this:

If you have a mesh wifi, then devices like that may be available specifically for your mesh brand.

you could use a mesh wifi network set-up, with one base station placed next to the Hegel - most of these will allow an ethernet out. In effect you have very efficient wifi joining wired ethernet to wired ethernet.

Otherwise you want a wifi and Roon compatible streamer, of which there are many at various price points - try at the dealers and see which one you prefer both for sound and for interface

HI Suedkiez
Thanks for your prompt reply
I’m new to this.
The Nucleus sits under the Hub/router which is the opposite end of the room from the Hegel.I will look into the Wireless bridge, could be the answer.Thanks

1 Like

Hi Dominic
Thanks for your reply.
I’ll look into mesh wifi network.
The Hegel already has a Roon Ready streamer built in but is an ethernet connection only, no wifi, and the hub is in the next room.
Thanks for your help
Richard

Do you have a Wi Fi extender with an Ethernet connection, as a test you can plug it in near the amp and run a short Ethernet cable I have used this before now to achieve this . Bottom line a cable will b more reliable in the long run

HI Mike
I did wonder about that, but wasn’t sure if it would work
Thanks
Richard