Streaming Lossless Via Chord Mojo

I’m completely new to Roon and baffled by most computer software discussions, so please forgive my ignorance. I think my problem is fairly simple: I have a MacBook Pro as my Core, Chord Mojo as my DAC, and I’m streaming through Tidal. I understand that the Mojo is Roon-tested and not Roon Ready, and that it is not MQA-compatible. I can get “high quality” output according to my signal path, but not lossless, which is what I’m after. Do I have the hardware necessary to get lossless output? Is there certain software, such as the Roon Bridge, that can get me there?

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A screen shot of your signal path would be useful.

Hi @Steve_Ackerman,

As suggested by Ged above, can you share a screenshot of your Signal Path?

Are you seeing this with all content or specifically MQA?

I’m tied up at the moment but I will have a screenshot of the signal path posted on here within the next two hours. I’ve only had the opportunity to test MQA and lossy AAC files. The latter’s signal path said “low quality,” which didn’t really surprise or concern me.

06%20PM Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 5.44.06 PM

Hi @Steve_Ackerman,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. The reason why it is not outputting bit-perfect is because you’re routing the audio through your Mac System Output mixer, which doesn’t communicate directly with the Mojo.

Can you check to see if you are able to enable the Mojo in Roon Settings -> Audio? The screen should look something like this:

Once you enable the Mojo there, you will have to select it from the Zone picker (bottom right-hand corner where it currently says “System Output”).

Thank you, I actually figured it out before you replied. I had to disable the system output before it would allow me to enable mojo as the output. Success!!

1 Like

Hi @Steve_Ackerman,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear things are working now!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.