Streaming Radio [Delivered Roon 1.2]

Hello all,

I have not seen any internet radio menu in Roon. Did I miss something, and if not, is there a plan to add this soon? It is available in J River …

Thank you,

Phil

1 Like

Phil, You have not missed it, it is not there, no idea if or when it is coming?

Russ

Intended, but stuck in legal nonsense was the latest from @danny

The legal nonsense is over… there is just a no-go here from TuneIn.

Anyway, it’s on our roadmap to give you a new directory. We are evaluating some other players out there, but we are also considering letting you guys build a user-generated directory as well. We’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

Are there plans to add streaming radio to Roon? It would be incredibly powerful to gather the absolute best station on the globe and build them into a virtual tuner.

That is an excellent answer:) Any thoughts to a pre-populated tuner. Like a ‘Suggested’ section of the tuner?

I would really like to use Roon as one stop music source but at the moment I have an RPI with streamed Radio Paradise and as I am in the UK the BBC radio stations have I missed something or is there going to be a way of setting these up?

Hi Nick,

Have a read at Streaming Radio - TuneIn (or other), I too hope the legalities can be sorted soon.

A directory to which I could drag streaming stations would work for me. I tend to stick to particular favourite stations and would also be more interested in other Roon user’s favourites than the 5,000 + stations I’ll never listen to.

Will i be able to add my own online radio station?

Thank you for your help.

Phil

Thread is a bit messy on my end (post times not in order - merged threads gone wrong?).

Anyway, I like the idea of a user-generated directory!

Edit: I am reading user-community-generated into it. I’d like to see a directory created and maintained by us users together. :smile:

1 Like

I like that idea as I only use a couple stations now (local sports and/or talk stations)

The real answer is “I don’t know” but the Internet doesn’t discriminate between publishers so subject to technical requirements for streaming audio I don’t see why not. The copyright position, however, is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Too bad about TuneIn, as that is my go-to radio app on iPhone and iPad, but if iHeart or some other radio app can be incorporated, I’m good with that. I’ll write a message to TuneIn to voice my disappointment with them not working out a deal with Roon, and to inform them I will be using whatever internet radio service does incorporate with Roon.

1 Like

I’m using Bose soundtouch, soundtouch app using vtuner as webradio index provider, maybe ROON can start with vtuner first

Yes I agreed, Auralic Aries uses VTuner in their DS app. There’s a even a manual input for Internet radio address if not found in VTuner. Looking forward…

VTuner would be a great alternative to Tune-in. Hope it happens, internet radio is a big miss on Roon at the moment.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Alarm Function - Scheduling music and streaming services by date, time and zone

I totally agree with links like Paradise Radio. Does not need Tunein!

This is important to many new potential users.

1 Like