Streaming Services Through HQPlayer Natively

Yes, you’re right. There is an entry “HQPlayerEmbedded”, which is not the hostname, but that’s my server.

On HQPlayer Embedded, you can define the name on /config page of HQPlayer web interface.

I can hear a diff between Qobuz and local files and local sounds better to me. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I hope you can add My Favorite Artist as an option.

Having problems streaming Qobuz through each HQ player on Mac. I’ve downloaded HQplayer4client and HQplayer4desktop along with the Qobuz app. I was able to link qobuz using the instructions but I am not seeing Qobuz in the drop down menu on client. I’m not Qobuz material in client at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the Client connected to HQPlayer? First make sure you have HQPlayer running. Then start the Client. Assuming both are on the same computer, from client select “localhost” as the HQPlayer instance. Then Qobuz should appear in the library selection in the left “Album view”.

I’ve download HQPe OS and have it running on a PC using HQPDcontrolv4 as the front. All working fine. It doesn’t seem to have streaming functions. I understand that I can download the HQP Desktop package and inside there is the HQP client that will work with HQPe as the server and provide Qobuz services.

I managed to get this HQP Client running in my Macbook, have logged into my Qobuz account and can see Qobuz search results. However I don’t see my favourite album lists. Have I missed something or is this functionality not available at this time for HQP?

Are there anymore downloads I need to make streaming work better? With HQPe on my music server and if I want to have a portable handheld controller like an iPad, it seems that the only way is to run a separate computer (my Mac) with HQP Client and then use some remote access software from iPad to Mac to access the HQP Client.

Using hqplayer-embedded-4.32.4-x64avx2 in my PC (AMD CPU) and 4.19.3 for HQP client in my Macbook.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

In top right corner of album view in Client you can select category to show, for example your favorite albums.

I’m using Microsoft Surface tablet to run HQPlayer Client on Windows 11.

Hi Jussi

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes I managed to get the favorites showing after try all the different drop downs. Not sure why it wasn’t possible initially. And Qobuz plays fine now.

Looks like a new device is needed for the client. Thanks for the recommendations, will consider.

Does HQPe OS have Samba on by default? My music is on a local Ext4 SSD but I’m unable to see it as a shared drive in my MacBook. How does one load music into a HQPe OS local drive?

No it doesn’t have a Samba server. I looked into this in the past, but it was a bit too problematic to include.

It supports SMB network mounts though.

You could just shutdown HQPlayer OS and unplug the drive and copy more content there. Another alternative is to use SMB mount instead of local drive.