Streaming to Sonos loses synchronisation

I transferred the Roon Core to my MacBook, restored the backup, and have been playing for most of the day since then.
Nothing was able so far, to trigger any of the described symptoms: no double playing of tracks, no tracks half played, “Now Playing” perfectly shows what is playing and how far in the track.

I’ve tried streaming from Qobuz and Tidal, playing full albums and Roon Radio.

I’ve upgraded to Roon 1.7 by the end of the day after I got the prompt, again no problems.

The problems I’ve had seem to be related to Windows, then, or at least to this Windows laptop.

I do not want to keep the Roon Core on this MacBook however since it’s a work laptop and often not connected to the network at home, but I hope this has at least provided you with some useful input!

NB: I’ve only played via the Sonos Connect now, I did not use the Play5. However with Roon on the Windows laptop, it didn’t matter if I used the Play5 or the Connect so I think it shouldn’t matter now either.

Hi @Tim_van_der_Leeuw,

Thank you for confirming that this issue does not appear on your Macbook Core, this is a good data point to have!

You can go ahead and switch back to the PC Core if you wish. I would be interested to know if this behavior occurs after updating to the latest build on your PC Core.

I’ve transferred the Roon Core back to the Windows laptop, upgraded it to Roon 1.7, and restored the latest backup I’ve made while still on the MacBook (from 1.7 as well).

Around 22:42 local Amsterdam time I noticed that the “now playing” was not tracking the time in the song anymore, playing back to the Sonos Connect.

So Roon 1.7 does not yet fix the problem I have for (this laptop running) Windows.

Hi @Tim_van_der_Leeuw,

Thanks for confirming the issue is the same on Windows running 1.7.

I can confirm new diagnostics have been received and passed to the technical team for closer inspection.

Not sure if you have tried this yet, but maybe starting with a fresh database might change the behavior, worth a try:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Use Roon in a fresh state on the Windows Core

If you want to give this a shot, go for it, otherwise I will let you know once I have further details from the technical team. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.