Streaming with Tidal is not running correctly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nuc Intel with rock connected to Netgear router (RJ45)

Netgear Nighthawk connected to Orange box.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SOTM SMS 200 Ultra Neo connected to Dac Bel Canto 2.5 using USB
Description Of Issue

each time I use Naas connected to Roon: no problem: all is ok . But each time I try to listen a music using Tidal , after 10 seconds the music stops and the same message comes: tidal is to slow: maybee a problem of connection. I have checked with my provider (orange) : internet is ok. Can Roon support help ?

Hi @Stephane_Bertin,

What is your internet download/upload speed? Can you please check on speedtest.net?
Does the same behavior occur if you stream to any other zones?

ADSL 11 .megabits. I have checked with my provider : it says all is ok and
I have a very good performance for adsl . On the other side Sotm streamer works good with Mconnect and Tidal without any problem : streaming works perfectly. Tidal Helpdesk says the y have
modified something on my account and they the situation should be solved
for streaming. But this morning I have an other problem: SOTM SMS200
doesnt appear in the Roon application (no SOTM zone in the list). How can
I do ? And it is always running perfectly with Mconnect. Can you help? Without
SOTM in the zone list I cannot use Roon at all. SOTM portal is connected to Roon but nothing in the Roon remote appplication: no way to listen music with SOTM.

I have tried to use an other zone (Iphone) and all is running perfectly. But I don’t find the SOTM in the list of the zone

Hi @Stephane_Bertin,

11 Mb/s is quite low for stable high-res streaming. I would suggest trying to limit the quality to “High” instead of Master/HiFi on such a connection. You can do so in Roon Settings -> Services -> Edit button next to TIDAL -> Streaming Quality.

Do you still have Roon Ready mode turned on in the SOtM Web Interface? See page 8 of the SMS-200 Manual. I would also try rebooting the Core + Networking Gear + SMS-200.

At the End all of us have the same problem with Roon and Tidal: but White is Roon helpdesk answer or recommendation ???

Hello @Stephane_Bertin,

We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS or Quad9. Can you please check to see if you are able to change your router’s DNS and let me know if it helps?

Salut @Stephane_Bertin,

Nous avons vu que les utilisateurs avaient une meilleure expérience dans le passé s’ils changeaient leurs serveurs DNS de ceux fournis par le FAI en Cloudflare DNS ou Quad9. Pouvez-vous s’il vous plaît vérifier pour voir si vous êtes en mesure de modifier le DNS de votre routeur et me faire savoir si cela aide?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.