Sudden Device Disconnection and Music Interruption

I have an earlyaccess core running on my QNAP TS-873. Recently, I’ve been noticing sudden stopping of my music and all my devices on my system disconnecting. No errors, I just get this for a few mins:

The behavior is similar to this:

I haven’t made any changes to my system and the only other change to my network recently was adding a new unmanaged switch. However, this switch is not connected to my QNAP so I don’t see why this would be causing the issues.

I’ve noticed that the CPU activity on my QNAP is unusually high when these errors occur but then it goes back to normal eventually. I’m not sure why the activity is high because I’m not really running anything else on the NAS. Typically when Roon is running smoothly I see about 20-30% CPU usage. I have basically stopped all non-essential processes on the NAS.

If I stop Roon on the NAS and restart, it usually fixes the problem, but it takes several minutes each time and is time-consuming, when I want things to “just work”… :frowning:

I should note that everything is wired. No wifi, and this affects all remote devices. I’m not sure what else to do at this point. For now, I will remove that new switch to see if that makes any difference…

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I’m having the same issue. Even after removing that switch. Any ideas?

Hi, @J_B, sorry for the late reply. Thank you for the description of your issue. Am I getting it right that you are not seeing neither network zones located on other machines nor local zones connected directly to your QNAP (if there are such)?

Also could you, please, confirm that the last time saw the issue happening was on May 13th at around 9am? I am asking because I’d like to request a diagnostics report and explore if there are any reports related with this timestamp.

Thanks!

Ivan

I don’t have any local zones directly connected to the QNAP. But regardless, all zones disappear.

The last time I saw it happening was yesterday.

Lately, I’ve mainly been listening to a box set with over 200 CDs. I never really experienced problems until I started listening to that. Could that be a potential cause?

Thank you for the reply! Quick question, am I getting it right that the reboot is the only way to get out of this state for you or zones might come back on their own after some time?

Thanks!

Ivan