Roon Core Machine

Audiostore Nova, running Sonicorbiter.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

All hardwired.

Connected Audio Devices

Hegel H390

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I restared my server today, after having it shutdown last Tuesday. While cooking, I always play a number of tracks in my library that I have never played before. While selecting tracks, I saw the list become larger and larger. Eventually, 54 albums appeared to suddenly only have track counts of zero. These are all Tidal albums.
How is this posible?
All albums still have the same ‘added’ date, which sometimes is years ago, even before I started using Roon.

Hey @Arlen,

Thanks for getting in touch with your report. I’m not seeing this on my end. What may have happened here is that there was a licensing change on TIDAL’s side and the albums were replaced with the newly licensed surrogates on the backend. TIDAL itself doesn’t indicate the change but in Roon it’s detected as a different version.

Similar issues occur in Roon playlists, tracks show up as unavailable while the album itself seems to be the same at the streaming service. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks, @jamie, I did indeed expect something like this happened. But I would like it if Roon didn’t see these albums as new versions, but rather keep the old stats.
Would this be possible? Or would it be a feature request?

1 Like

I believe there is already a feature request for this exact situation.

2 Likes

Thanks Hammer, I might have even gave my vote to it, some time ago.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.