Suggestions for decent wired IEM under $150?

More options:

Torben

1 Like

I have the Tin HiFi T2 and T4. While the 4s are okayish I would only recommend the 2s to people with almost total hearing loss above 3kHz. Way too bright (for me)

1 Like

There guys at headphones.com are pretty reliable and I’ve found their guides to be pretty good

I’m very pleased to report that I’m very impressed with the Crinacle Zeros.
Great selection of tips which gave me a very comfortable but secure fit.
SQ is first rate IMHO regardless of the price paid.
These are now my new traveling companions.

6 Likes

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle ZERO: RED has been launched:

I have ordered one :slight_smile:

Torben

3 Likes

Mine is arriving today… will keep everyone posted.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Don’t keep us hanging, how do they sound?

1 Like

Well, after they have reached the required burn in time. At 1 hour they sound good. Although I think I need to change the tips.

1 Like

Did they come with a huge selection?

Yes they did

3 Likes

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED has arrived.

Sound is great - but more hard to drive with my M11 Plus compared to other IEMs that I have.

I do not use or need the included impedance adapter for additional base tuning after testing it with my preferred music library.

Torben

1 Like

How do you choose eartips?

My absolut preferred ear tips (Faudio FA Instrument Eartips Silicone) don’t fit (the bore size of Truthear x Crinacle Zero RED is quite big).

I now use Softears UC New Liquid Silicone Eartips for 4.9-6.5 mm Nozzle. The fit just fine with the bore size.

But I am sure they are the right fit.

Torben

I mean I have no idea which tip to use. Like what are the dark black ones in the lower right used for?

Okay, so tried different tips and the better fitting ones had great bass. Liking them so far with use of my Pono player.

2 Likes

Pono, you and Neil are probably the only people on the planet who ever used one.

Shame, as it seemed a great concept to me.

Not true, I have two and use them both regularly. A great product, but maybe Neil was not the best person to market it.

I failed at humor. My apologies.

I still think it was a great concept.

No apology needed, I’m still impressed by my Pono’s and a little defensive having seen some of the immature and puerile attacks that happened at the time!

1 Like