Suggestions for decent wired IEM under $150?

The one shown in the pic is a signed Herbie Hancock one. The insides of the Pono were done by Ayre, and were later recast in the Codex product. The Pono, has balanced out, does DSD. It sounds very very good. It came out before DAPs were a big thing. I think it faced a bit of a headwind with people getting used to using just there phones with streaming services.

Additionally, there was nothing like before or after the Pono store. Amazing actually. Why? Well, they revealed all mastering versions to purchase initially, so you were not stuck with just the latest hot mastering. And, they had a forever promise. Buy something at 44.1 and if it comes out at a higher resolution later, you get it for free.

Can someone who bought a pair of truthears explain to me what this is?

I just got a pair today but need to wait for my Fiio KA3 which hopefully will travel from Manchester with my son tomorrow.

.sjb

I thought it was over packaging, a small folding triangle to act as a podium to rest the instructions on so you can read them without having to hold them?

How quaint, don’t people just get their butler to hold the instructions?

This was the only thing I could think of too but presumed I must be missing something. Why on earth would one add to the cost by adding something like this?

.sjb

3 Likes

Ignored and binned it. Life went on :sunglasses:

1 Like

Its a stand for the waifu fanboys to lean the waifu card on.

I think the zero red sound exceptionl for the money. Just find the nozzles a bit fat for most of my tips and ear canals in general.

Thought the pouch was a nice touch, much better than ships with a lot of IEM.

I’m now a full convert to IEM’s. Using Truthear Zero (original blues) with Spinfit W1 tips (tight fit, but manageable) and Tripowin Zonie 16 cable. Equalised to Oratory1990’s Harman settings.

This is now my go-to headphone set up, even at home. Happy days.

2 Likes