Suggestions for the best sounding Album(s) on Tidal?

What are some of the best sounding (best recorded/engineered/mastered etc) albums available on Tidal?

In MQA alsoā€¦

2 Likes

Pretty much anything on the 2L label, but Iā€™d recommend track 8 on this:

and all of this:

In the mainstream genres, Iā€™m going to be completely unoriginal and suggest:

These are all MQA encoded.

3 Likes

Is there a way to sort/filter/search/whatever on TIDAL by label? (using ROON or TIDAL)

I agree on the 2L label, absolutely fantastic recording quality. However, imho, that kind of speaks volumes about a recording done right, can sound fantastic whether it is HiDef Flac, DSD, MQA or even lowly CD resolution.

I love this one on Tidal

5 Likes

Is there a way to sort/filter/search/whatever on TIDAL by label? (using ROON or TIDAL)

I searched ā€œ2Lā€ and it only brought up what seems to be a classical ā€˜audiophile reference recordingsā€™ sampler.

Indeed. Many/most of Neil Youngs albums are available remastered and theyā€™re 16bit CD yet sound fantastic.

Iā€™ve got the same result, this is why I asked.

Iā€™ll drop this in.

1 Like

Agreed, but only AAC, 44.1/16 PCM, and MQA are available via TIDAL.

Maybe you know her from the HighEnd 2018 show in Munich. Excellent recording from Norway. TIDAL Masters Streaming or HR Download from klicktrack.com (16/44, 24/96 or MQA).

http://www.karibremnes.no/detvihar.html

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-636684818507935820

Track 8
even it is ā€œonlyā€ 44.1/16 great Music. Mick Jagger on the Blues harp

1 Like

Like many things I heard this because of the listening thread here. Amazingly real sounding horn.

2 Likes

All oldies but goodiesā€¦

3 Likes

This one is amazing!

Suggest Emily Pinkerton ā€œRounder Songsā€. Sort of a combination of Appalachian/South American/chamber music. Esp. next to last instrumental track. This album is unusual and original from this unheralded talent, and good sound quality. (Sorry, I donā€™t know how to import the album cover as many have above.)
Jim Heckman

Store it on the desktop and upload it from there
Cheers
Armin

When viewing the Album you can select ā€œShareā€ from the three dot menu. The second page has a ā€œGet Shareable Linkā€ button that will generate an imgur pic address that you can copy/paste into the forum editor.

1 Like

Thanks, Andy.
Jim

Thanks, Armin.
Jim