Super playlist from Linray and Qobuz

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel Core i7 PC, Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

1gb Fibre - Vodafone router WiFi and Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

WASAPI USB Sound Card connected to Multi channel Surround Sound System

Description Of Issue

Before I purchase Roon, I need to know if it can play selected traks from my library (located on the roon server) and Qobuz at the same time. Not literally but in the same playlist (or something similar).

Specifically I want to select thousands of tracks from my own library and thousands of tracks from Qobuz in two playlists - one for upbeat tracks, one for chilled. My own library has 57k tracks of wich I listen to 10k in two smart playlists. Eventually I will move these playlists into Qobuz, however for now I want to start building a new set of playlists in Qobuz and play them with my existing library. Does Roon allow me to do this?

Yes you can.

That’s awesome, do you know how?

I don’t want to put you out or anything, I’m not sure where to look to read up on this type of funtionality. Is it simple or hard? is it a playlist funtionaliy or tags?

Just to make sure I understand what you want.
You have your own music files and you have a streaming service. You want to be able to mix from the two sources into the same playlist?

Yes, exactly

Same thing you want but with Tidal as I don’t have Qobuz. You favourite tracks in qobuz, this makes them appear in roon. Select those tracks and add to playlist. Go to your local files that you have added to roon, select and add to same playlist.
Created playlists in qobuz will appear in roon, to be able to add local roon tracks in roon you copy the Qobuz playlist to make a local copy. Then you can add Qobuz and roon tracks to the same playlist.

1 Like

That right there is the shizzle!

Ordinarily, I probably wouldnt play Albert King and Billie Eilish back to back but right now they sound sweet as together.

Thanks man, this is exactly what I needed Roon/Qobuz to do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.