Sync issues when grouping Bang & Olufsen Airplay A9 gen. 2 and B&O Emerge speakers with Roon on Synology DS918+ (ref#11JUH0)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

Other

I have added a Bang & Olufsen Airplay A9 gen. 2 and a B&O Emerge to my Roon setup using Airplay.

Both works just fine when they are playing one device.

But if I group them to play together in Roon - they are placed in one room - then they go out of sync very quickly and it just getting worse over time.

How can I fix this?

Roon runs on a Synology DS918+ and works perfect with the B&O devices one at the time and perfect with my Lumin U2 mini - even with upsampling to DSD. The B&O and the Lumin are not playing at the same time.

I see that the B&O Emerge supports both Airplay and Chromecast - are all the speakers connected using Airplay?

Yes, they are both connected using Airplay.

Hi @Jesper_Sorensen,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. I want to narrow down exactly where this is happening so try using this app to group your airplay devices and see if the sync problems happen with that. That will tell us if this is a Roon-specific or AirPlay-specific issue.

Hello,

As I read the Airfoil homepage, then it only run with Mac products, and I only have an Ipad??

I can use the Bang & Olufsen app for these two devices and have them in sync, without a problem. Would expect that this app uses Airplay also.

Brgds Jesper

Occasionally I have sync issues with Roon/AirPlay to two HomePods. The same also occurs occasionally with Sonos Fives when not in a stereo pair.

AirPlay grouping via an iPhone/iPad gets/keeps them in sync every time.

My workaround for Roon/AirPlay to stay in sync is to turn my iPhone or iPad into the Room Endpoint and then connect to the grouped speakers. The iPhone/iPad acts as a hub.

Hope this helps. Not ideal, but for family get togethers this helps to get audio in different rooms in sync.

YMMV dependant on network.

@Jesper_Sorensen We’ve activated advanced diagnostics on your account and will get back to you when we know more.

Have activated the two units as linked units. So from now you should be able to follow to units.

Can you please restart your server twice to complete the activation of the advanced diagnostics on your server?

Have re-booted twice.
Btw. The latest update of the database took more than 24 hours to complete.
The Emerge is 1/2 sec behind the A9.

Any news on this?

Regarding the Airplay function. The B&O app uses Airplay and the two B&O louadspeaker play flawlessly with this app.
I have started the two loadspeakers in Roon and will let them play from now and the next 12 hours - low level sound - to get data in the logfile.

@Jesper_Sorensen sorry about the long communication delay. I appreciate your continued willingness to help us troubleshoot this. I’ve created a ticket with our team and will review it during our next meeting. I’ll let you know the outcome after we analyze the logs

Hello,
Any news on the log analysis?
Brgds Jesper

Unfortunately, it’s looking like our team will have to write and eventually push out a fix for this issue. I cannot comment on any timelines but it is in progress.