Synchronizing zones

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Asus Micro PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB to Schiit Bifrost uber
USB to Aurender Flow
WiFi to Bose outdoor (thinking about this)

Description Of Issue
How do I synchronise the zones, so they all play the same music at the same time?
Does Roon work with Bose WiFi speakers?

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Zone#Zone_Grouping
A key factor is that you can only group zones using the same communication protocol. So all RoonReady devices can be grouped since they use RAAT.
The Bose outdoor speakers may use Airplay, which is pretty common. But understand you can’t group something that only uses Roon RAAT with something that only uses Airplay. It might be possible that some devices could use more than one protocol (my Devialet Phantoms do), so you could set up the device to work with the commonly shared protocol.
Roon supports Airplay, but AFAIK, Airplay2 is not supported. You may need to get the definitive answer from a Roon employee when they get to your post.

1 Like

For the UBS devices: There is a delay adjust in each device‘s audio setup in Roon. Trial and Error…

Hello @Jason_Beckett, looks like grossmsj got you the right link for this question, please let me know if you have any others!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.