Synology 1515+ Help

I updated my Synology
Synology 1515+ Help
My synology won’t connect . It’s connected and the it’s no go. I know my stroke so please be patient

went from 6 to 7

I’m going to assume this means that you just upgraded from DSM 6 to DSM 7.

Most people went through the upgrade process a couple of years ago. There were changes in the update that broke the Roon package. My recollection is that you need to uninstall the old package and install the new package.

There’s a long thread on all of it. Here’s a link to a specific post in the middle of the thread which may be a good place to start : Roon server file for Synology beta version DSM 7.0-41222? - #44 by crieke

If you had come here before doing the update, I and others would have strongly encouraged you to make sure you have a current Roon backup. Since you can’t connect to Roon now, I don’t think you’re going to be able to create one.

I hope this helps you get pointed in the right direction. If not, you may want to post on the thread I referenced.

1 Like

Thank You . I will read it

1 Like

Also, if you had any audio devices connected directly to Synology over USB, they will not work with DSM 7, that functionality has been removed.

Thank You I’ve got it. Thank You