Synology invisable for Roon iOS Remote App

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Linux/Synology918+/Build Nr. 537 and OSX/MacAir/Build Nr. 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ziggo Modem (Bridge Mode) -> Draytek Router 2960 (DHCP Server) -> Two Draytek AP903 Access Points in mesh network mode -> All streamers and remotes on wireless (Mac Air/10.15.4 and iPhone/13.4.1)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Aries G1-> AES/EBU into Genelecs // Auralic Femto AES/EBU into Berkeley DAC //Two Sonos Connects)

Description Of Issue

Roon working on Synology (IPA xx.13) core and MAC as remote client (IPA xx.15) save for the command in Setup-> Configure Roon OS Devices not discovering any (not being able to find devices).
However, the iOS Roon remote app no longer discovers the Synology. Same network, same subnet even after “pushing” the Synology IPA in Help menu.

Hi @Andre_Boekhoudt,

This is expected behavior, Configure Roon OS devices only shows entries when you’re using a RoonOS based Core (such as Nucleus or ROCK).

Are you still able to connect from the Mac or does that have issues as well?

Noris,
By now I have found out that the problem is solely with my corporate iphone. Other iphones can access Roon OS. My iphone cannot even ping the Synology NAS on which Roon runs. It is a corporate phone managed through an identity and it probably has a restriction that avoids accessing the NAS on my home network. If you have insights on which “handshake” protocol Roon remote relies, that would be helpful. On the Synology NAS I already put SMB 3 in the max box at file services. Kind regards
Andre

Hi @Andre_Boekhoudt,

If the iPhone is running on a different subnet due to the company VPN, then it wouldn’t be able to see and connect to the Core.

Roon uses Multicast for Core/Device discovery and it sounds like the multicast implementation is problematic on the company iPhone.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.