T&A DAC 8 disappeared from Audio - Need assistance (ref#D4QY95)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

My device used to show up in Settings > Audio, now it's gone

I use a T & A DAC 8. It disappeared from Audio yesterday. I have rebooted and turned devices on and off. No Joy. Help!

Hi @Herbert_Summers,

Can you elaborate on how you were connecting to the DAC 8? Were you using the USB input with the Nucleus directly or with another Remote?

Hi Connor,

Thank you for the reply. The DAC 8 is connected directly to the Nucleus with a Quest Cinnamon Cable. The problem arose after I linked the DAC 8 with the Raspberry Pi I have in another room. The day I did the link there were no problems. I turned the system off at the end of the day without separating the link. The next day when I turned the system on the DAC 8 icon had disappeared and was not receiving communication from the Nucleus. Since transmitting the e-mail to you I tried re-booting the Nucleus two more times. Do not ask me why, but, the third time was the charm and all was working well again. I have not had this occur before. Although it has not been necessary before, in the future I think I will turn off the link prior to turning off my system. Again, thank you for the reply. I am optimistic this event was a one-time glitch.

Herb Summers

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.