Tablet connection to server

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

My Lenovo tablet stopped connecting to my Roon Server, QNAP NAS.

I have gone into setting, Audio to enable. I see that Roon has identified my Lenovo but does not give me the option to enable it.

Hi John,

Welcome to our Roon Community, we’re happy to have you. We’re sorry that a connection issue caused your visit. Can you please install our latest Update, Build 913 or your Core, and Remotes and let us know if this helps. We’ll be watching for your reply.

If things are improved please fill out the support template as well. I’m adding it to your initial post. Thanks!

As mentioned, I have updated my server and remotes and my Roon on my samsung phone works well, but my Lenovo tablet does not connect. It used a while back.
Thanks

Hey @John_Cassar,

Thank you for the update. It looks like your Lenovo may be looking for the previous IP assigned to your Roon Server. Please restart your Roon Server, your Router, and any Remote devices that are having difficulty connecting to your Roon Server.

If that isn’t successful, uninstall then reinstall the app on your tablet. Please let us know if that gets you going. We’ll be watching for your update.

Hi Everyone
I have rebooted and reinstalled all remotes as requested. All my remotes work well except for my
Lenovo tablet. Until recently I had no problem with the tablet.
Thanks again for your input.
John

Hi John,

If the tablet cannot connect, on the cannot find server page there might be a blue “HELP” link which will open a pop up that allows you to enter the Server IP address. Instead of using your server’s actual IP address, try using 255.255.255.255 and see if that works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.