Tag inheritance for new album version when Qobuz replaces album version

I have an Qobuz album in my library and this album has received multiple different tags by me.
Then Qobuz suddenly makes this album unavailable (tracks are listed as unavailable in Roon), but a different version of the album is shown in Roon and made available.
I can see this via the versions feature. Since I cannot play the unavailable album, I want to replace the unavailable album version by the new available album version.
I can add the new album version to my library and I can group them.
But as it is now I have manually to add all the tags of the old album version to the new album version. This cumbersome and prone to errors when there are multiple tags involved.
I would be nice if upon import the new album version could easily inherit the tags of the old unavailable album version.

Similar suggestion here and the various threads linked from there:

1 Like

I did not understand that with custom credits the Tags were meant.

I am talking specifically about the Roon specific Tags.
These are marketed by roonlabs as follows:

Tags

Tags are a great way to organize your collection, giving you quick access to just the right music. You can tag almost anything in Roon, and it’s easy to get started.
Roon’s Tags feature was designed to be fast, easy, and endlessly flexible. For example, you can use Tags to:
1. Organize music for a party (by tagging artists or genres)
2. Keep track of music from a certain source (ie, HD Tracks)
3. Remember context (ie, Recommended By Brian, or Music From Summer 2000)
4. Keep track of edits (ie, Artists That Need Better Photos)
Roon’s Tag functionality has been rewritten from the ground up for Roon 1.3, so read on for an overview of the feature and details of what’s changed.

It is really cumbersome that the Qobuz habit of making albums versions unavailable and replace by other versions cannot be handled in a nice way by Roon.

Essentially, every custom content in the Roon database is tied to a specific version : Roon tags, favorite hearts, credit edits, custom ratings, edited genres, and what have you.

All of these have to be repeated if you want to apply them to a different version (or if a particular version is removed from Qobuz and replaced by a new one), and the whole issue probably has to be solved together. (E.g., sometimes a tag maybe should apply to every version of an album, but in other cases it should not, depending on what the tag is)

1 Like