RoonOS 2.0 build 1354

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Lots. It works fine.

Connected Audio Devices

A few, all streaming fine.

Number of Tracks in Library

~19000

Description of Issue

For over two weeks now I have been presented a Taylor Swift Mix. I don’t listen to Taylor Swift. Not even a fan of that genre. However, she’s been doing some collaboration stuff with artists I do listen to and have listened to a few of those singles.

I looked today, I usually ignore these, and the entire playlist is Taylor Swift or Taylor Swift and Fallout Boy. If there is something I’d like to listen to less than Taylor Swift it’s Fallout Boy.

Anyway, please tweak the Valence. It’s confused. It needs to understand that when artist A (who I don’t listen to) works with artist B that doesn’t mean I’m immediately an artist A superfan. To a lesser extent, this is happening with Norah Jones as her podcast sessions are being released as singles.

I really love my Daily Mixes but this keeps eating a valuable slot. Thank you.

1 Like

The good news is that there was a duplication issue that was letting performers through more than it ‘should’ based on our rules for mixes - this is fixed now so you won’t get a Taylor Swift headed mix every day.

The bad news is that since Taylor Swift is one of your top listened performers and since you’ve listened to her recently you’re not going to be able to completely avoid her for the next little while without banning her completely.

Not me. My wife.

My profile has no history of listening to just Taylor Swift and even collaborations are minimal listening and over a month ago (by quickly browsing my history). Is there another issue here of “profile bleed”?

“Top Artists”
Taylor does not show-up for last year as top artist at all when looking at my profile.

Taylor is top of list for my wife. :expressionless: My wife has many wonderful qualities but she has her own Roon profile for a reason!

1 Like

Ok something is rotten here. Can you please confirm the all-time play for all profiles for Taylor Swift?

I just ran your play history a different way and it appears you have never willingly played Taylor Swift.

I don’t think I know how to do this. Or, maybe I’m just doing too many things at once. step-by-step instructions please.

There’s the “What you’ve been listening to” tab - actually that’s for albums, but anyways all I need is a point in the right direction. So just go to the What you’ve been listening to tab and then use the ‘all time’ drop down.

“Your top artists”

For my profile,
All time no T.Swift.

Wife’s profile,
T.Swift is 3rd on list

Does it happen to give a total listening time? :slight_smile: I’m trying to see how her play matches to what I’m getting for your profile.

This issue may be related:

Not certain about the details of how scrobbles are implemented but it wouldn’t be surprising to me.

I’ll keep on digging.

So weird, this happened to me as well. I don’t ever recall meaning to listen to her.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

Other

See previous report:

This Profile Pollution is an ongoing issue. It makes Roon Radio go nuts removing, what used to be, a very nice feature. Roon Radio is now heavily leaning to “popular” songs instead of the more obscure indie tracks which is my preference. I’d love to “reset” Roon Radio if possible.

I’m now designating a new Internet hashtag, which I hope goes viral, to bring attention to the issue. #fixtheppRoon

2 Likes

I have a similar issue. I have a lot of repeats when choosing a jazz mix, the same songs appear frequently. And here is a screen shot of a mix with the same song appearing twice. I hope for more variety in the future. I do listen to Roon all day, so I can understand some repeats, but twice in the same mix is too much.

Hi @ipeverywhere,

You’re not crazy and we’re not dodging this report - development has identified work to limit some erroneous influence on taste profiles. We don’t have a timeline for this release at this time, but you can expect motion on the issue in the near future.

2 Likes

Always appreciate the updates!

Hi @Blair_Krotenko,

Please see my comment above - we have a ticket in the pipeline to prevent this type of external algorithmic influence on Daily Mixes. You should see improvement in the next few release cycles. Thank you for the report.

1 Like