Teac NT-505 switch from usb to net and viceversa issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro (bootcamp-latest release)
MacBook Pro late 2018 32GB Vega20
Roon (latest release)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ethernet 1Gbit cabled + 1Gbit Netgear switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Why ect. and not etc.?..:wink:
Teac NT-505 1Gbit ethernet cable connected + usb

Description Of Issue

Switching from usb to ethernet my Teac USB Asio config disappears from my Roon audio available configurations.
If I want to select the usb input again I have to do it manually from the remote or through the Teac front panel rotary selector.

regards

Automatic switching from a non-network input to network RAAT input, when triggered by network Roon playback, is a Roon Ready requirement for a Roon Ready endpoint. The opposite direction is not required. This is compliant behavior.

Switching away from USB causing the USB electronics to be deactivated sounds normal to me.

I think Roon can remote the Teac switch through a software command.

The NT-505 is interesting in that of my three DACs, all of which are pitched at a similar price point, it is the only one that disables USB when using another input. On my Black Dragon and NuWave DSD selecting another input via Roon does not stop Roon seeing the USB. It is therefore possible to switch back from within Roon. I don’t think it is something Roon can ‘fix’. It would be up to Teac to do something. It might be interesting to see if this is a Network/USB issue or if it also does this when using coax or one of the other legacy inputs.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.