Test/calibration albums not appearing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus - library on 3tb portable DD connected to Nucleus usb; ubs out from Nucleus to RME AD-2 DAC; balanced out from RME to Emotiva XMC-1 ballanced input.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Remote control on laptop/win10 wireless to modem; Nucleus hard wired to modem

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

see above

Description Of Issue

I have 2 ‘test discs’ on my Toshiba 3tb external disc drive connected to my Nucleus.
‘AUTOSOUND 2000 presents TESTCD #101’ and
‘Irrational But Efficcacious! Ayre’

I use them to test x-over settings and sweeps, etc in my system. I am not able to find and play these albums. I removed and re-added to the ext dd, but they still don’t show up. I checked under the album names, date added (most recent) , ‘unknown’, etc. , but can’t play album. I can find the albums under ‘ayre acoustics’ and ‘autosound 2000’ but none of the tracks are listed and they will not play. They are both tagged as ‘bass’ ‘sound effects’ ‘test’. I have checked the toshiba ext dd and the albums are on there with all tracks. The Autosound 2000 has 99 tracks, the Ayre has 7 tracks.
I’m prettty sure I’ve used both albums before w/o problems.
I did recently update ROON firmware in the last week or so. Both Nucleus and laptop are on v1.7 build 521 stable.

Hi @Thomas_Giloy,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

They were ripped to m4a at 44.1/16
They are not in ‘skipped files’.
Pretty sure I used both albums before for system calibration playing from Roon.
They should be importing.
I’m not sure how to send you a screenshot.

Hi @Thomas_Giloy,

Can you share one of these files with us via a shared Dropbox link in a private message? We’ll try to import them on our end so we can identify any possible issues.

I don’t really know how to use Dropbox, nor do I want to signup for it.
I can load files on a thumbdrive or try to burn to a CD-R. I will need a physical ad! dress to send them to.
I will attach a screenshot of my ‘skipped files’ and of what the ROON page looks like when I open these albums.

Hi @Thomas_Giloy,

Instead of DropBox you can use this link to upload the media:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9aBwu-LVTzf

Thanks!

its been uploading at 99% for 5 minutes. don’t think its going to work.
Thanks for your help but I don’t seem to be able to send you the files unless I can send physical copies.
Tom

Hi @Thomas_Giloy — How large is the zipped folder?

Sorry I could not figure out how to send you the files.
I re-ripped these albums and replaced the new files to the ext HD that is connected to my Nucleus. They showed up as they should, and this time the album art was also there- before it was just the generic album cover art.
I don’t know if these albums and info have recently been added to your data base, but all appears to be good. And working well also.
I don’t know what happened, but it’s working now.
Thanks for your time and effort.
Tom

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Thomas_Giloy,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones: