Thanks for NUC 10 Rock compatibility

I have been running ROCK on a NUC 10 with little trouble for a month or so. I did have to make some BIOS changes to install and to use an USB-Ethernet dongle to get network connectivity, but, once I got it running, the only minor hiccup has been that I sometimes need to remove and reinsert the dongle to establish a network connection after reboot.

After installing today’s ROCK update, I briefly couldn’t find the NUC at its static IP address, but I was able to find it by accessing a DHCP-assigned address that I found in the control app settings. Once at the web UI, I found that I had two enabled Ethernet connections, one at the static and the other at the dynamic address.

It occurred to me that the update might be the NUC 10-compatible update that @danny mentioned, so I experimented. I shut down the NUC, detached the dongle, inserted the Ethernet cable, and restarted the NUC. It immediately popped up at its bookmarked static address and has been maintaining a network connection all morning.

The dongle method worked pretty well, but I am happy to see the hardware working as intended and Roon supporting the current NUC versions officially. Thanks for that.

9 Likes