The Beta Channel: what's cooking? Now at 4.019 (2021/11/13)

Working fine here

It works! No more dropouts with UPNP.
Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

That is very good news. Happy that we found it.
Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Regards Harry

Things are going belly-up here, unfortunately.

I can just swallow, that the RPi4 was on it’s way south.
After re-flashing with stable and finally set up and on WiFi as before, I got drop-outs and ‘loading slowly’ messages with tracks skipping, and then crashing as soon as I tried to load it’s configuration page via browser.
So finally, after the n-th reboot it’s screen stays black and RPi4 shows no sign of life any more…

Ok, urgently needed some music to soothe my soul, grabbed the kitchen Rpi3B+ with 3.125 beta and converted it to HAT-less USB-DAC bridge for the main room.
Guess what, drop-outs and ‘loading slowly’ messages with tracks skipping, and then crashing as soon as I tried to load it’s configuration page via browser.

Things have somewhat ‘settled’ after a couple of songs, music’s finally playing without dropouts, but don’t go to it’s configuration page via browser!

Will try and troubleshoot some more tomorrow…oh, it’s tomorrow already!

Are you on wifi or cable?

Core on cable, RPi on WiFi.
5GHz never any dropouts before, am upsampling to 705,6/768kHz 32bit, so generate around 50Mbit/s traffic on WiFi.

No crashes during setup with browser on cable, just with WiFi.

Welcome to RoPieeeXL, running on [AIORoonLCD]. Enjoy!

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 966298a88f406732

Please leave a mail or a note on the Roon forum with this identifier. Thanks!

@spockfish Harry every time I change the custom clock colour the pi goes MIA after hitting save settings - im trying to do a OTA update to latest now but sending you the feedback in case anything you can find from it.

@Marin_Weigel It seems we have a Pi 4 specific issue.

Can you try new beta?

1 Like

Sure I’ll try, since magically, after being unplugged for 2 hours, the Pi4 did again boot and survive access through browser interface… that’s with stable.
Btw, the power supplies used are fine, measured them under load during problem and as everything seemed to work again…

e8c006f100ea0614
3.126 boots on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1, survives web access when set up on 5GHz WiFi, but skips when upsampling to 705,6/768kHz 32bit, working fine with no upsampling.
Sorry, can’t test wired, really.
Will reboot modem and router and report back…

Harry the new 3.125 beta still having issues selecting custom colour from the grid of colours…but the top basic colours pick seems to be still in effect.

Im trying to get a couple of the darkest options for night time brightness limitation.

even no SSH alive…totally hung but a reboot Off and on again comes back with no colour change made.

@spockfish
9e4d7343126c4dc2
…same problem after rebooting everything…will see into testing that wired…

Got it set up wired and, voila, it’s running with upsampling.
Will have to find a solution for my situation…

Did you use on board wifi or a dongle?

on-board

I’m switching both RPi’s now, so 3B+ is doing upsampling in the main rig and 4B does lowly duty in the kitchen without - both on 5GHz wireless as it had been working the other way around before.

very weird. tested it here and it works. problem is that feedback does not provide much detail as you need to reboot it…

happening too on 3.126 so its updating but releases ok but soon as I save its off to yaya land.

only odd thing is this one is monitoring another Ropieee Display & zone

Ill try and resave a normal non custom colour and see how it goes.

FYI
switched both RPi’s duties and no more troubles:
WiFi 5GHz RPi3B+ USB-DAC upsampling to 705,6/768kHz 32bit → works
WiFi 5GHz RPi4B HiFiBerryDAC no upsampling → works
Web-interface over WiFi → works

Thanks for your immediate responses and have a nice weekend, Harry!

EDIT:
Both on 3.126

I think I changed to hide power button to but turning that back off and selecting blue didnt help…hangs as soon as I save changes, if I cancel im back the main tab

Also display to LCD seems to be broken… play pause icon is working but images and track info dont update. restated extension and removed and enabled again in roon but no change. will restart the core but here is a feedback on that zone

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier d781c843bfa5e8b1

Please leave a mail or a note on the Roon forum with this identifier. Thanks!