The Beta Channel: what's cooking? Now at 4.019 (2021/11/13)

update a change of album seems to have moved the artwork along and tracks info now too…Odd not sure if its a roon or ropieee issue but the lumin D1 zone was always playing the right info on the D1 display

Hmmm maybe you need to reflash this unit…

Hello Harry, unfortunately today dropouts are here again …. with just UPNP enabled … still on beta 3.125
Id c5f607d300a018ca

@Stefano_Antonelli New update out. Can you try?

hee @wizardofoz ,

You use the original Pi screen? What I don’t understand is that if I put the slider on the minimal brightness I can barely see anything…

Now, the value can be technically 0 (off), where I limited the minimal value to 12.
Maybe the screens differ because of calibration and so on, and your screen is brigther in general than mine.

Hmmm…

3.127 takes a significantly longer time to initialize (I upgraded from 3.125), is this WAI?

After 40 minutes playing no more dropouts … thank you!

Standard 7” new screen and flashed in the last 40 days

Yeah. I think I have an idea what you mean. I set the clock to the minimal, and I can imagine that it’s still too bright. I’ll remove the hard limit of 12 so that you can set it lower.

Might need some catch all in there in that you can override it for the purpose of setting the value…unless its only for the clock setting…also I do set the normal display to min too so I can have music while I nod off.

@spockfish Harry I just brought the unit into my office and hokked it up to LAN and changed the colour and saved no issues on the Lan connection…so seems there is something happening with wifi (dongle maybe?)

4777e7189e55305a

done have a release info update for 3.127?

Oh and the new display dim setting is perfect :smiley: bravo!

3.129 (2021/05/30)

• initial support for native DSD with Squeezelite

Hi! I seem to be having an issue only over the last few betas where the display shows the “connection failure” screen even though I’m connected to my Roon core and and audio is still passing through to my dac.
(As an aside, is there a way to adjust screen brightness when not on the Roon remote screen?)

e437135d07c884fd

5325468a770a6e07

Lost Spotify listed zones after b3.127…mrs like where is the dining roon gone can’t play :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Not just dining roon tho all 127 updated zones with LCD other zones are OK

@spockfish same for all on 3.129 now all the LCD zones missing on Spotify.

Djeeeezz… updated the component and they changed a parameter (that is used in your setup) in a non-backwards way :-/

Anyways, working on a fix that for sure will be released today.

@wizardofoz update (3.130) is out there that should fix your Spotify black-out.

‘should’ as I can’t test your setup.

Thanks Harry… I think I need an update all units action with no quetsions asked quite time consuming to do so many units :rofl:

updating some now but not all have updates indicated… what is the URL for update?

Sorted on one so far so thats all good now I think. :crossed_fingers:t5: :pray:t5:

Happy days.

1 Like

@spockfish
Harry,

I spoke too soon, had random vinyl-like ticks during upsampled playback with RPi3 rather than ugly skipping with RPi4, but I couldn’t make peace with that situation either.

Finally installed DietPi with Roon Bridge on RPi4 and now it’s serving upsampled 705,6/768kHz 32bit on 5GHz WiFi without a glitch, so my problems somehow seem to be related to the OS…

Hi Harry,

Managed to get 3.130 beta running, AK PEE51 is stay in Roon Audio setting screen, but unable to start audio playback and setting to Native DSD, only DoP 128 available, the feedback id is fac0a38189bf14a4

Thank You!