The Beta Channel: what's cooking? Now at 4.019 (2021/11/13)

As I told before I’m not sure if this is properly supported on Linux.
That it only provides DoP is logical as the kernel is not patched for this DAC.

But forget about DSD, can you play audio with it?

I have one of these A&K dongle DACs, and I tried it briefly with my ropieee device. It worked fine, but I took it off because my reason for buying it was to use with my iPad. I can do some testing, though, if it would help.

1 Like

@wizardofoz , you could create a simple bash script to call the reboot URLs for all of your devices at once. Or maintain a simple HTML file on your desktop/laptop and click through the reboot links (faster than loading the GUI for each et cetera).

Out of scope for RoPieee itself.

Out of scope for the wizard himself too I’m afraid :sweat_smile: but if you can get me started I’m happy to wing it once I have the basics and then take it from there. Maybe help anyone else who has a few units that are all on manual updates.

Or I go back to daily and keep my fingers crossed for few surprises.

My guess is that it needs some ssh login and password response then a cli command to the update…I think I have that right but no idea the format I should use.

Hi Harry, not even standard red book 16/44 audio

Ok. Before you go into dsd and such this needs to work first.

So what happens? Silence? What does the progress bar in Roon do? Does it move?

Hmm. I tried my A&K DAC on my ropieee Pi just now, and it is not working at all. I’m certain it worked before, but I don’t remember what version of ropieee that was. I’m on the beta channel and just accept any suggested updates. I’m getting silence, and the progress bar doesn’t move. Up on the track list, that little animation to the left of the song title goes briefly, but after a few seconds it moves to the next track and does the same thing. Roon sees whatever USB DAC I have plugged into the Pi’s USB port and reports its brand and model number. It sees the A&K DAC, and even puts up a little graphic of it. And the DAC works fine in Roon if it’s plugged straight into my Mac’s USB port.

Update: I think I got the A&K DAC last Monday - 5/24 - and I most likely tried it on the Pi that same day. I was probably running whatever beta version of ropieee was current on that day.

1 Like

Hi Harry,

The progress bar stand till at 0:00, no sound, and then time out, then next track repeat the same thing.

Before I’m using it on Microsoft Surface and installed official driver, the ASIO play perfectly on every formats fed to PEE51

https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/support/download/view.asp?search=&word=&idx=1000186&page=1&no=140

That is not relevant. DAC control on Linux works totally different then on Windows.

Can you send me feedback? Without rebooting first?

41fe763951e2e4ac
Unfortunately, I did reboot when I was looking at this a few hours ago. But it’s still showing the same behavior, so I hope this feedback will help.

Thanks!

I notice 2 things: RAAT (Roon) reports some audio error while setting up the interface and the kernel reports about a USB error.

So far this doesn’t look exactly promising…

Anyways, I expect this week a kernel update so that might give us a little bit more info.

Thanks for testing!

1 Like

Your comment about USB made me thing about something. I moved the DAC from a USB 3 (blue) to a USB 2 port. And it worked! But I had noticed before that the Zone settings dialog took a long, long time to come up with this DAC, so I brought that setting up. Same long pause before it appeared, and then after that it didn’t play any more on the USB 2 port. Maybe a coincidence … but strange, huh?
b8fc6cea4a076694

Update - I quit Roon app on my Mac, then brought it back up. Now the A&K DAC works. Again, maybe a coincidence but when it came back up it was on a song with the “regular” track time display at the bottom of the screen, with a circle moving along. It started playing no problem. The tracks I was trying to play before have instead the waveform display at the bottom, with a vertical line moving along when the music plays. Not sure what the difference is! In any case, the songs that refused to play before are playing fine now. It is in a USB 2 port. I’ll send one more feedback in case it’s helpful, and then I’m off to enjoy the sunshine for a little while. Thanks for ropieee!

5f692645ce63b92b

1 Like

I am using Pi3 so all USB2.0, no luck yet, thanks for your help.

3.130, OpenHome for UPnP has stopped working.
When checking Open Home support and using BubbleUPnP, the playback is stuck at 0:00 and cannot be started. Disabling Open Home support works.

Do you need feedback on this?

Some issues with art and track. Prince is playing in the zone it’s showing

47657831eced3b16

Nope, I’ve got the same. But I’m pretty sure OH was always pretty flakey with Bubble.

I care much less about upnp now that Roon works for me, thank you again!

what about the firmware for cm4 WiFi