The Beta Channel: what's cooking? Now at 4.019 (2021/11/13)

131 (2021/06/05)

• update out-of-tree wifi drivers (Realtek)

try the new firmware,still doesn’t work,cannot find WiFi

ropieee-CM4]. Enjoy!

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 21eeec3bca9a8f10

Please leave a mail or a note on the Roon forum with this identifier. Thanks!

Nothing has changed wrt to the CM4.
Still waiting for the module.

3.132 (2021/06/12)

• update Linux kernel
4 Likes

3.133 (2021/06/21)

• update Linux kernel

As we’re entered the .40 range we’re getting to the point I’m going to release this. Running this kernel now for more than a month without any serious issues.

1 Like

I just pulled the trigger on 8 units to update.

Is to possible to get a day of the week (SMTWTFS) check box to do reboots/updates rather weekly from the time of the last boot up (I assume that is what it does now) ?

still working on CM4 update?

To be exact: still waiting for the Compute Module 4 with WiFi to be available (again).

3.134 (2021/06/26)

kernel updated with support for native DSD on the AURALiC ALTAIR G2.1.

3.135 (2021/06/28)

This fixes a long-standing issue where it is impossible to use a WiFi network with strange characters in their names like:

Jeremy’s Wifi

You would be amazed how creative people can be with naming their networks :wink:

2 Likes

3.136 (2021/06/30)

• ‘final’ round of kernel update

For now I’m planning to release if this runs properly for a few days.

4 Likes

Hi,
I see Roon was updated to version 1.8 / 806 yesterday. This version normally includes Roon Core and Bridge.
The Core update is going well, but not Bridge which remains in 1.7 / 571.
Roon indicates that 1.7 is the most recent Bridge version for Ropieee, is that normal?
I am with Ropieee 3.138 Beta.
Thank you

This is normal…Roon Bridge seldom ever changes

Seems to be different this time around, as per software release notes

There’s a post about Ropieee lacking the update and Roon investigating.

My DietPi bridges were updated through Roon’s “About” menu, though.

Running VitOS on RPI 4 and the update doesn’t show up.

It could be that the 806 roon bridge is OS specific, ie for Windows perhaps its an update but not for Linux devices.

The release notes state clearly that it is for Linux as well as for Windows and Roon OS. However, it’s down to Harry as to whether he pulls it down for Ropieee.

Ah missed the bit on the end… well I guess if Harry needs to fix something there it will be done. Tho it doesn’t seem to be an issue at B571 for my setups

The release does not contain anything of interest for Linux, but I guess the Roon team keeps the same release on all platforms (which makes sense).

For now I’m not planning on doing anything :wink:

Let’s first wait for the dust to settle a bit and see what the Roon team thinks.