The Beta Channel: what's cooking? Now at 4.019 (2021/11/13)

That’s enough :wink:

Can you, after the reboot (REBOOT & UPDATE) try to access the unit over SSH:

ssh root@your_hostname_of_the_unit

password is ‘ropieee’.

Once you’re in you get a command prompt, where you can type the next:

/opt/RoPieee/sbin/send-feedback

Followed by an ENTER

That’s it!

What do you actually mean with this?

my Ropieee is connected hardwired to my network. I unplug the connector and plug it back in.
Will SSH as per your advise :wink:

Unplugging is not necessary.

SSH’ing while update hangs.

BUT, before you do that…

Looking at your logs from earlier this morning you started with a fresh stable release right?
Set it to the beta channel and rebooted.

So… during the ‘hang’ have you tried refreshing (F5) the browser?

1 Like

my RPi appears to be (after some reboots) on 2.643 firmware since yesterday. When I updated at 12u30 i booted into this state then updated to 2.644 and that failed.
I did many refreshes of the webpage. After the failed update the RPi3 also does not appear in the devices tab of the other Ropiee devices.

ok. then we need the SSH.

Oh. and can you please retry with another power supply? Because it’s rather critical (looking at the logs).
Could very well be that the update process itself tips it over.

When it was running I could SSH the RPi3 but after it failed I could no longer SSH the unit. Now 2nd try on a different 5V 3A rated power supply (powerbank).
Very weird it will only reboot after the update(?) into Ropieee after I powercycle the RPi, then disconnect the ethernet cable for 10s(?) and then reconnect the ethernet cable again.
Did the SSH after RoPieee now actually booted into 2.644

So… is your switch on auto negotation?

Yes this RPi is wired through a simple Netgear GS105 switch that is on autonegation 10/100/1000Mbps. I don’t think I can change anything on that switch.
I could connect the RPi to a Unifi switch that I can fix to a 100mbit or 1 gbit.

No no need. just taking things of the list :wink:

The disconnect helps I think just by forcing the update to be skipped: there’s no internet connection so the updater will bail out in the end.

My RPi4 just updated to the latest beta release. At the bottom of the screen it states 2.645 but in the box next to the device it still states 2.641 :thinking:

That will refresh over time. The information shown over there is not ‘real time’, it’s only refreshed every 10 minutes or so.

I’m on Beta software 3.006 and just tried updating the USB firmware but got the following:

I’ve submitted feedback 00962814b4f85706

Ok, pushed an update out. Please try again.

Thanks for reporting!

Is there a way to update ropieeexl through ssh? Somehow my webinterface doesn’t respond, but SSH is still working. I’m on 2.609 beta.

The update has allowed me to update the USB firmware. Great work, Harry :grinning: :clap:

Up and running with 3.007 beta and usb firmware update (000138a1)!
Thanks

3.008 (2020/12/07)

So you probably noticed already some activity in the beta channel.

Mainly ‘post-release-leftovers’ stuff like the USB firmware thingy (my mistake I left it out). I’ve also been playing around with “auto feedback”: a way to send feedback when a service crashes. This could be valuable if, for example, the web interface crashes and does not provide you a means to send me feedback (which needs to be done from the web interface).

The next release should not take as long as the last one. Idea is to do one more release this year.

thanks all three RPi’s updated to 3.008 without issues. My RPi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 that was not rebooting 3 weeks ago when on the network is now (since a week?) again booting as normal.