The Beta Channel: what's cooking? Now at 4.019 (2021/11/13)

Could you add

snd-soc-core.pmdown_time=-1

to

/boot/cmdline.txt

to stop the auto-powerdown for most chipsets? This will help HATs like Pi2AES maintain signal to reduce clicking on certain external DACs.

1 Like

Is this what is powering down my Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital?

This DAC can be powered by the USB signal or by an external power supply.
Power by USB signal is the preferred option.
When I stop playing the DAC keeps powered for some time (hours ?), then it powers down.

I raised the question in this topic but I did not receive a response (yet). :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m on the stable version though.

I’ve put out an update in the beta channel.

Can you test? It’s not done via the cmdline but with a modprobe rule, but the outcome should be the same.

This is not related as this parameter is not about USB dac’s.

I suspect this might be something in the Pre Box.
USB power management is disabled by default as not many devices are capable of handling this properly. I assume you have the setting in RoPieee set to ‘off’.

Just confirmed that it works. Thanks!

1 Like

I wasn’t even aware of this setting, but it is off indeed.
Thanks for the clarification.
Current practice on my headphone station: Turn power supply on for 10 seconds, then off again. :slightly_smiling_face:

3.017 (2020/12/16)

Possible fix for Hifiberry devices in combination with the 5.4 kernel.

Whatever it updated to today around 20+ hours ago broke all the web GUI’s but endpoints all being seen seen in roon and play ok and clock comes back. Hope they will all restart in a few hours and catch up again to normal.

So happy Max finally got a win in 2020…beers all round.

1 Like

For me updates till 3.019 [beta]

• Raspberry Pi 4 over USB to DAC =OK
  • Raspberry Pi 4 with HifiBerry Digi+ Pro =OK
  • Raspberry Pi 3 with Allo DigiOne Signature =OK

no problems with updating Ropieee for some time now :+1:

seems to be all ok again today… a couple I had to set for daily restarts that didnt make to till on 3014/3016

So… here’s the thing. There’s a memory leak in the RoPieee’s webpage. For some reason it does not occur in my network, but it does in yours.

What I find very curious is the timing: they all crash together. Are you powering them up at the same time or something like that?

most of them start around the same time yes…6AM +8 timezone

1 Like

not doing anything else out of the ordinary…Unifi only network, Apple MacOS 10.14.6 fully updated but I don’t think edge is any different or Chrome on the Mac either.

no that’s certainly not the problem.
I think, but I’m still in the middle of figuring out, it has to do with device discovery. You’ve got a rather big set of RoPieee’s running, so that helps :wink:

1 Like

@spockfish Hi Harry,

According to this Naim Audio Forum Archive, the setting

plgproxymethod = proxy

should help with Qobuz playing back long tracks without skipping or stopping (which I am running into from time to time with long classical tracks). Any possibility to add this as an option to upmpdcli config?

Happy holidays @spockfish
I’m seeing you’re busy on the beta front…
Current 3.030 [beta] release breaks the display extension on both Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 and Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1
Restarting the RPis and core computer ‘edit’ as well as restarting Roon remote extension ‘edit’ doesn’t bring the displays back either, music’s playing fine though, so not really a biggie.

Sent feedback from both units:
e0c83bf15cfce859 and c52d68d3d3b68428

:christmas_tree:

Thanks. Yeah saw that. About to release an update that fixes that hopefully.

1 Like

@Marin_Weigel update is out that fixes the extension.

1 Like

Yeah, all good again!
:+1:

1 Like

Running 3.031 but DLNA/upnp (upmpdcli) no longer works. Feedback sent 36427a1988c70412

I think the mpd daemon failure still holds.

[root@rpi3streamer lib]# systemctl --failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION

• mpd.service loaded failed failed Music Player Daemon

that resulted from (the date is weird, it only happened today)

Dec 21 11:38:16 rpi3streamer mpd[362]: /usr/bin/mpd: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.62: cannot open shared objec
t file: No such file or directory
Dec 21 11:38:16 rpi3streamer systemd[1]: mpd.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a