The earth's core is spinning again -- how will it affect SQ?

Audiophile types are not crazy, they are “ mentally challenged and a bit unstable” please use the proper wokie terminology :joy::wink::rofl:

1 Like

Don’t worry about the unstable audiophiles there’s a massive lump of iron spinning under our feet and it’s pretty much guaranteed to affect sound quality….:grimacing:

1 Like

Let’s put laser beams on the sharks :shark:

I have just checked and my Roon core is not spinning in either direction - am I doing something wrong, or will this be addressed in a later build ?

Did you check the “spinning L/R?” box in General Settings?

1 Like

One idea is that two titanic forces are battling for control over the world’s heart.

But, no need to notify the Avengers quite yet…

2 Likes

Does her head spin around too! :rofl:

She does according to U2.

3 Likes

While it is hard to do you have to spin your head opposite direction so that would lead to a balanced communication. Apply same for the audio gear, new spinning rack so to keep the balanced signal.

1 Like

Your lack of understanding of physics is astounding. You need to spin your head in the same direction and at the same rate so that the core appears still. It’s simple relativity.

4 Likes

Please clarify, Roon core or random blue planet core :earth_americas:?
This science stuff is hard

2 Likes

Roon core must be still relative to the planet’s core, and the listener must be still relative to Roon core, which means:

• Everything must be on SSD; no spinning stuff.
  • Listening room must be on a gimball and fitted with a couple of gyros - for redundancy - and surrounded by big metal spheres so that their gravitational field compensates for the Coriolis effect inside transducers (speakers or headphones).
  • You must use wi-fi, or untangle the wires every few days.
2 Likes

Of course, the earth itself is spinning, at a velocity of over 1000 mph at the equator. And going around the sun at 67,000 mph. Which of course is rotating around the center of the galaxy at 492,000 mph.

Enough to make one’s head spin!

1 Like

And do we know what our galaxy is rotating around and at what speed?

Once you go trans-galactic, it’s hard for me to figure out what reference point to use. I have heard that most galaxies are separating from each other at some small fraction of the speed of light.

International Celestial Reference System and its realizations - Wikipedia

3 Likes

:rofl:
Yes you are right, “bits are bits” but you do not take in to account our brain. If you are in sync with your wife it is going to get boring or get on your nerves. If you move opposite direction at a perfect high speed the brain it is going to process that as standing still, while you know this is not the case. Like the phantom centre channel created by left and right channels. It is there but you know that it is not there. It is simple couple therapy and psychoacoustics

True, but the speed should be high enough for relativistic effects to kick in. Not easy to do.

Hey we have been to the moon and we can do a Win Roon Core sound better than the usual one (I do not know what it is usual)

As you can see from the above image, the earth’s core is not the only “core” we need to be worried about. However since deGrom is no longer on the NY Mets I’m not all that concerned

2 Likes