The good old message --> To many failures. Stopping playback

Roon Core Machine

Machine: ASUS PN52 Barebone
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800H
RAM: 64Gb
SSD: 1Tb Samsung 980 Pro series M.2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS RT-AC 66U router
Wired connection to both the NAS (music storage) and the ASUS NUC computer (Roon Core).

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Approx. 63 000 songs.

Description of Issue

I have an ASUS PN52 Barebone ‘media’ computer, equipped as mentioned above, i.e just one disk and that one is used as being system disk. Roon is then installed on that disk, i.e the system disk SSD.

When I try to play a song from the NAS, I get …

“To many failures. Stopping playback”.

Is this due to the fact that I only have one disk on my NUC? I thought I was safe since my music is stored on the connected NAS and I can not find any music on the SSD disk on my computer…

Any hint on what I’ve done wrong and what I have to do in order to get the music playing as intended?

BR /Bosse

What OS are you using on your Core machine? And what are the audio devices that you are trying to use? Thanks.

The OS is Windows 10 Pro and the music box is a Naim ND5 XS.

How is the Naim connected?
Can you play music to the System Output of your Barebone?

I suppose you mean a ND5 XS 2, not a Naim ND5 XS? Because only the 2 is Roon Ready.

The Naim is connected via wire to the network, and works fine directly against the NAS.
And as previously remarked, ROON does not play, so I can not check the sound output from the Barebone.

Ap, oki… It is “just” a XS but upgraded to latest firmware…

So, you have set up a Zone using the System Output of the Barebone and playing to this Zone produces the same error message “Too many failures”? This wasn’t clear from your initial post.

I am starting the Roon application on my Barebone, selects an album from the imported library and then I press play. The player starts but stops immediately with the message in the header.
What exactly do you mean by a Zone in this context?
/Bosse

Please read this help article on what Zones are. I’m asking if you’ve set up the System Output of your Barebone as a Zone.

See this article for setting up your audio devices…

So how is this connected? Latest firmware or not, the original ND5 XS is based on Naim’s old streaming board and is not Roon Ready. It only speaks DLNA (UPnP) over the network. You would need a DLNA renderer like the Sonore UPnP Bridge, so that Roon can speak to the Sonore and the Sonore translates it to DLNA for the ND5 XS.

As the ND5 XS has a digital input, another option would probably be some Roon Ready hardware device with a digital output.

For built-in Roon Readyness, you need Naim’s new-generation ND5 XS 2

Ah, ok! I give up for now, the shop have closed so I can not get my Hifi Rose until tomorrow … :nerd_face:
Thank you for all support so far, I will return when my Naim has met his maker…
/Bosse :nerd_face::+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.