The "I didn't know that one" PIANO TRIO mega-thread

@DanMtsn @Walter_Mason @Traian_Boldea Thumbs up for your recommendations over the past 4 days. Listened and thoroughly enjoyed all those recommendations as well as a few more from those artists. Hampton Hawes (especially), Neil Crowley and Yaron Herman were real finds.
Still got a couple to catch up on from earlier in the full list. :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Hi @ankla I have seen Lars Jansson credited on Arild Anderson’s albums but this album does not seem to be available on Qobuz or Bandcamp.
Is this a physical media?

Hi @DanMtsn struggling to find this as well. Obviously not my night for tracking down albums. Any idea of where to find? Thanks

Hi, it’s available on Tidal.

Cheers. Just cancelled Tidal last weekend. Oh well :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

It’s on Apple Music too. Don’t know about Qobuz which is not available here.

Was surfing YT tonight and stumbled over this clip of Chet Baker playing Nardis in some scandinavian living room…

But I was stunned by the piano intro, so I had to look up the pianist and found this trio album on Tidal. The pianist is Michel Graillier. Enjoy!

RoonShareImage-638013003288440870

1 Like

My recommendation for the weekend

3 Likes

I’m developing a slight obsession with Nardis so I’ve found this

The album is on tidal
Enjoy!
RoonShareImage-638013913635405610

3 Likes

Recently released, Dieter Ilg piano trio playing Ravel. Has brown cauliflower on the cover. I’m intrigued
RoonShareImage-638014753697043480

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hey @DanMtsn Just to keep you going on your Nardis kick.

Part of a medley on the last track of the album.

4 Likes

Michael Wollny new trio album.
RoonShareImage-638015319236683390

5 Likes

It is a great album. Talented lad. Some great stuff coming from the ACT
Label

1 Like

5 Likes

3 Likes

Some heavy Geri Allen stuff here with the Mary Lou Williams Collective

RoonShareImage-638016026370629480

2 Likes

Some lovely flute work on this one song on the otherwise Trio album.

2 Likes

Even though some reviewers said this was not a “working” trio, in the sense that it didn’t assemble regularly, there are a lot of albums by Pieranunzi/Johnson/Barron. This one with music by Enio Moricone is particularly nice
RoonShareImage-638016139791447940

2 Likes