The Missing End Point Icon bug

Running into the exact same issue as the thread below:

Roon will not display the icon for my KEF LSX speakers, and manually selecting from device list will turn up with a page of grey boxes for all manufacturer equipment.

Already tried everything described in the thread (delete zip and etag file, fresh re-install of Roon etc) as well as updating to the latest Windows 10 build (1909).

Also getting the same error in the Roon log file:
Error loading image (immediate): The remote server returned an error: (426) Upgrade Required. (http://localhost:9100/devicedb/0f017457b7988fb575288514bce450c86ae729f6.png)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Ryzen 3700X
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi
32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz
1TB AData M.2 NVMe drive
Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2080 OC Windforce 8G
Windows 10 Professional 1909
Roon Version 1.7 (Build 528)

Audio Devices (Specify what device youā€™re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
KEF LSX connected via SPDIF on motherboard

Roon cannot ā€œseeā€ devices connected via S/PDIF because device information isnā€™t available via optical/ coax. All Roon will see is the streamer or interface, i.e. your motherboard.

Hi @CC_Fan,

Can you please share a screenshot of this behavior?

Roon cannot ā€œseeā€ devices connected via S/PDIF because device information isnā€™t available via optical/ coax. All Roon will see is the streamer or interface, i.e. your motherboard.

You are not correctly understanding the issue because you can edit and manually select what the end point streamer is from the list of third party manufacturer icons even when you connect via SPDIF.

Can you please share a screenshot of this behavior?

Capture1

Capture4

Again this is the exact same bug from a thread which I already referred to in my original post, of which that bug seems to be reoccuring every year or so (I found another one detailing the exact same bug back from 2018).

From the logs I think I know the issue - Roon software is running a localhost server in the background to serve up the image, but something broke your image request from localhost so even when the icon images are in the correct path, Windows localhost is refusing to serve the image (hence the http 426 error) and this is why you have this issue which is essentially the UI rendering blank place holders for broken image links. I understand why you would design third party design icons in this matter as you can fetch updated images easily from a remote server, but you might want to consider baking some of your already Roon certified devices into the local executables instead like you do for fixed system icons like play buttons and the generic endpoint speaker icons etc.

I have the exact same issue with my roon install on Windows 10 1909 (latest). I check my log file and exactly the same as detailed above: Error: Error loading image (immediate): The remote server returned an error: (426) Upgrade Required. (http://localhost:9100/devicedb/0e51c7f9dbd722b19d6ed8e5f7712742cf3152ea.png)

My Windows 10 PC is my roon core and my playback device if that makes any difference. Have tried all the apparent fixes detailed in other forums (reinstall, delete zip/db in cache etc.)

OK Iā€™ve fixed it, the issue was the ā€˜LGHUB Updater Serviceā€™ was listening on the same port (9100) which preventing roon to browse to the image location.

CC_Fan are you using any logitech peripherals?

To fix, simply go to services.msc and search for LGHub Updater Service. Right click > Stop. You then also need to right click and go to properties. Under startup type select Disabled. This is important otherwise the next time you start your PC Logitech updater will grab the port again.

Then exit Roon and reopen and your icon should be there!

If itā€™s not LG it may be another application thatā€™s hogging up port 9100. I can help talk you through finding it if you get stuck.

Stay safe everyone.

Kris.

3 Likes

Good find. Iā€™m using a Logitech G903 mouse and disabling LGHub Updater Service did fix the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.