The shape of Roon Community to come?

My mum always told me to to think before opening my mouth. I suppose this applies to forums, but typing.

This thread is about (correct me if I’m incorrect @Mikael_Ollars ) the style of approach to threads that we may take part in.

There are many threads & posts that we don’t agree with. We all know that giving a viewpoint can inflame the others response.

Keeping things civil, agreeing to disagree I suppose, but if you believe deep down the other person in a thread isn’t going to agree with you, think twice before posting to ensure the right level of response.

I’m not an innocent party and lately (well, as of yesterday) will be taking a back seat from input on the forum. Musical posts only for me, when time allows.

A few other points I’d like to share is;

1. My view of the purpose of this forum, whilst in principle is good, is that Roon could do with another way for users to get Roon Support. My view is private messaging to the @ support tag. While I appreciate quite a few issues can easily be rectified by other forum users, it’s the niche aspect of our fabulous hobby that introduces the 2 sides of the fence.

2. Private message people to air viewpoints, away from the open forum. Discuss things like that and it keeps the forum free for diplomatic posts/threads.

3. Read the forum rules. Which I believe reads similar to the point behind this thread.

4. Isn’t it all about the music? Let’s embrace that point.

Healthy debate, well, as I say above out hobby is quite niche and does for some reason bring 2 views to the table.

Excuse the wording below, just the only way I can get it across without aiming to offend.

We have;

Music first people - I’d like to say I’m in this camp (but have been in the other camp 10 or so years ago). I’m in this camp now as I’ve done below and spent £££££’s
Edit: I lost my way from the reason behind all this, the music.

&

Audiophiles - always striving to better the sound, the sound, like the artist was in the room. Money no object.

We also have those who are;

Tech novices - some just want plug and play, and that’s cool. Sometimes Roon can be a bit tricky with some issues. Tech novices need good helpful advice.

Tech competent - I’m here I feel, one who feels able enough to resolve issues with minimal help.

Tech gurus - there are many more experienced people on this forum than I, but you guys have the greater responsibility. Not to patronise, condescend and revert to laymen terms for the lesser knowledgeable like me.

I also think discussions on cables should be banned from this forum :grin:

(Spell check now done :wink:)

6 Likes