The Stranger - We All Have

I’m a newbie to Roon so I figured why not throw this out there as an introduction.

Billy Joel’s song “The Stranger” starts out with we all have a face that we hide away forever and we take them out and show ourselves when everyone has gone.

So for a topic, Here are some songs which I wouldn’t normally admit I like and are guilty pleasures. I will generally only listen to if I am the only one home or in the car, etc! Certainly I wouldn’t tell the kids I like some of them!

Harry Styles - Kiwi & Watermelon Sugar
Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A
Kevin Gates - 2 Phones
Social House - Magic In The Hamptons
Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
Drake - Hotline Bling
The Entire House of Pain - House of Pain album!

Anyone else want to share some songs they hide away until everyone has gone?

2 Likes

I could not care less what anyone else thinks about the music I listen to.

2 Likes

Well to get things started, I would classify this as a guilty pleasure, but, I’m not really afraid to let anyone know I like them…

Partridge Family The Partridge Family Album (their first). Classic early 70s AM pop.

5 Likes

There’s a whole industry around guilty pleasure pop. My daughter and I go to their event evenings.

3 Likes

I’ll have to check this out!

We went to see them in a huge tent at Glastonbury. They started with Mr Blue Sky by ELO and the hundreds of 20 somethings just took off, it was amazing.

2 Likes

My son’s guilty pleasure, he was five when it was released.

1 Like

Oh Oh Oh, I just remembered one…

Produced and co-written by Todd Rundgren. His remakes of “Rebel, Rebel” and “The Book I Read” are worth the listen alone!

1 Like

I have a whole bunch of stuff that I grew up with - played to death by my parents - that I wouldn’t tend to play for anyone else, including tracks like:

Durham Town, and The Last Farewell - Roger Whittaker
Fort Worth Jail - Lonnie Donegan
What have they done to the rain - The Four & Only Seekers

And a fair few maudlin and sentimental tracks from my mid to late teens, mostly soundtracks to a variety of angst ridden breakups with the girlfriend of the time, such as All out of Love by Air Supply.

I’m sure I have plenty more.

2 Likes

I’m a belieber. I have no rational explanation why.

People here have been kind yet firm during my recovery. :laughing:

RoonShareImage-637829488047598945

4 Likes

And I was embarrassed to mention Air Supply. I feel better now :wink:

4 Likes

Well . . . damn.

walks away kicking rocks.

1 Like

Be careful. I remember a mate of mine kicking what he thought was a paper bag. Turned out it was a huge lump of quartz. Broken toe = lesson learnt :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve lost a few rims to puddles that looked shallow before. Good advice.

You exchange occasional pleasantries with seemingly normal people, then you find…

1 Like

@ntlwhlr It appears you may walk over the low mark I have set now.

Welcome to Roon.

:metal:

1 Like

I’d like to thank @ntlwhlr for starting this thread. After posting my list of tracks I thought I’d make another attempt to track down “What have they done to the rain” by The Seekers, from the album “The Four & Only Seekers” (1969). There are plenty of LPs available on eBay, but I’ve never been able to find a digital version … until now. It turns out that The Four & Only Seekers (1969) is exactly the same album as Hide & Seekers (1964), which is available on Qobuz, albeit misnamed as Hide e Seekers. Happy days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know, I know, an enlightened 67-year-old man has no reason to like this sexist, misogynistic, just plain NASTY album…but man, it’s good to get your blood pumpin’ and heart thumpin’

5 Likes

Don’t forget “So Sad About Us” :smiley:
I love the album…for obvious reasons. Having said that, Shaun cannot sing for toffee, as we say in North West England.

1 Like