➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

Hmm, not much cartridge (considering everything else), but we’ve had that conversation before.

1 Like

Since i recently found lots of love for the 2M carts in combination with my Grandinote Celio i feel differently! :grin: But if MC’s are your game, then that player can fulfill, no doubt!

I have audio technica MM cartridges at about the £500 mark on an SME arm. As it has a detachable headshell I can swap the stereo for the mono cartridge without any other messing about.

1 Like

The one thing I regret about my VPI TT.

Now, I must torture myself with thoughts of another setup for mono re-issues.

1 Like

Yup, spot on. It’s a slightly tricked out Mk1 Delphi (Delrin towers, hard mat, custom black acrylic base), SME 309 and 2M Black, feeding a Trichord Dino.

I appreciate the cartridge is less than it can cope with. I have a Cadenza Blue in a box but getting it set up so it even has a go at tracking is a right PITA so for now I’m just riding this one for the very few times I actually get to listen.

Oh, and it’s playing Binker Golding, Dream Like A Dogwood Wild Boy.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the 2M Black, one of the best bang for the buck out there unless you feel you absolutely have you run a MC cart.

Right now I am enjoying my SS Zephyr MI cart, first MI I have owned and loving it, demon tracker and glorious mids.

2 Likes

it’s the LP I was interested in; thank you.

Thought it might be :smiley:, but the conversation seemed to head off in another direction (as the best conversations often do…)

Fantastic recording which could very well turn out to be the jazz release of the year. Bravo!

I’ll have to check this out. Bought loads of non-Jazz at a festival weekend (and two cassettes!), will post them later.

I have been listening to this:

ever since it was released that I thought I would the original analog version a listen to see how it compares. I now can confirm
that The Band were one of the live groups around in 170-72, whether in analog or digital.
By the way, the mixes of “Rock of Ages” and “Live at the Academy” are completely different. I prefer the Academy mix, especially on the Richard Manuel features, since the vocals are pulled way up in the mix. Sound quality on both is excellent.

The record sides on Rock of Ages are split 1&4 and 2&3, a carry over from the days of record changers, has is the lip on edge of most records. Helped to keep the two records from grinding together when stacked up on a record player/changer.

4 Likes

Sumie - Lost in light

4 Likes

Wonder how good this will be?

Has no-one here heard about hi-quality sound reproduction that can be achieved with CDs with none of the disadvantages of Vinyl……

……I’ll get my coat….:wink:

1 Like

Be careful, might be someone waiting by the door to teach you some manors :flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Your spell checker gone down ? :joy:

1 Like

Oops sat in a manor house now.

But I will blame autocorrect anyway :joy:

I will also leave it unedited :grin:

2 Likes

My spell checker flags the word ‘humour’, among others. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

But does it flag lack of humour as well :thinking:
Maybe that is more sentiment analysis that spell choking :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That would require a syntax (or is that context?) checker, which is notoriously difficult to code. :smirk:

1 Like