➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

One of the great, if somewhat sexist, album covers from the late 1970s. By the way, the music isn’t bad either. If you’re old enough to remember Charlie then you need to check your latest Medicare statement.

“I wanna travel the aeons of time, speed through the cosmos at warp factor nine.
Beat off the Klingons with phasers on stun - Killing strange people is fun”

3 Likes

I am not old enough to get medicare and I have original Charlie vinyl. Their best album, imho,

https://i.imgur.com/3km4pEA.png

2 Likes

Sounds fantastic! Recorded live in 1971 and 51 years later they are right here in my living room!

4 Likes

One of Emily Remler’s better recordings, wait what am I saying, all of Remler’s recordings are good. Only available on the original vinyl or the original CD, since neither one has ever been reissued.
By the way, if jazz guitar and are unfamiliar with Remler I suggest that you give her available recordings a listen. Sadly Remler died at age 32, a tragic loss for jazz.

2 Likes

One of her best

4 Likes

Lovely! I see that you are also sporting a Devialet, do use it’s built in phono amplification?

Yes for the time being. Bought a new amp without a phonostage. ETA 2 to 4 months . So looking for a preamp and maybe a new cartridge.

1 Like

Today’s post is a little quiz.

I purchased this soundtrack album from the 1987 movie “Hiding Out” for one song, which at the time was only available on this LP (it’s since become available on other collections). What song would that be? Hints: it’s an absolutely incredible version of this well known song and when the above photo was taken the song was playing.

Answer will be posted tomorrow.

1 Like

Roy Orbison and K D Lang doing Crying?

Exactly!! I knew that one of my fellow vinyl imbibers would know the answer.

Continuing on the k.d. lang kick:

Original vinyl from 1989 on Sire of k.d. lang and the Reclines - Absolute Torch and Twang. Her second release and considered by many, myself included, to be her best record.

5 Likes

An absolutely superb reissue of one of my favourite albums.

Is it mastered from analogue master tapes, or Quad-DSD? Who cares? :smiley:

2 Likes

You should know better than to ask that….

3 Likes

You know that Martin likes to get a discourse going… :grin:

2 Likes

Michael Fremer, among many, many other obsessive audiophiles. However, since it’s a Billy Joel album, I don’t since Joel sounds quite nice in high resolution digital.

1 Like

I just love a mass debate! :wink:

3 Likes

Well there sure are plenty of mass debaters to go around :innocent:

4 Likes

Coupla classics from AcousticSounds to watch a Yankees’ game by -

\

3 Likes

Wasted on a Yankee’s game🤣

Go Os!! Listening to

5 Likes