➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2023-01]

Hello Nasty turns 25 this year and still sounds as fresh as ever. Hoping they do a rerelease like they did with Check Your Head.

9 Likes

You saying this was released in -98?
That must be an expensive release!

Charles Lloyd will turn 85 in March and is now an esteemed jazz icon with many great recordings to his credit. He’s known for his willingness to try new approaches and sounds. He’s allowed a stinker every now and then. :grin:

I guess that is hard to do without some failures. But it is to be respected, hard to have the power to show the failings to everybody.
I stumbled upon Conference Of The Birds by Dave Holland Quartet because of your profile pic I stopped, beautiful

Well, then that goal has been met. :wink:

I have many Lloyd LPs, starting with “Forest Flower”. Doesn’t take away the disappointment at the last in the ‘Trios’ series.

1 Like

My first vinyl box set arrived today. I fear there will be more.

4 Likes

Glad to hear that you are enjoying Conference of the Birds. I like to call “Conference of The Birds” the “Kind of Blue” for free jazz, except that Conference of The Birds doesn’t get anywhere near the airplay of Kind of Blue. Nonetheless, it remains one of the great recordings in the free jazz genre. I still and have cherish my original vinyl copy from many years ago. Conference of The Birds has been one of my audio test recordings for many years.

3 Likes

The Sea And Cake - „Any Day“

4 Likes

Companion - Last day of spring

9 Likes

My Father picked this copy up new in '67… I’m thankful to have most of his collection and when I listen to them I try to imagine his time listening to them.

10 Likes

Would your father have believed you when you mentioned the $$$ of your deck? Its beauteous

1 Like

I have a new toy.

14 Likes

Last time up, in the Viella tonearm… Due to a replacement Etna Lambda ordered yesterday!
(Low VTF at the time, therefore the somewhat odd VTA)

Now playing some early pressing of:

Sounding spectacular in most aspects still, but it has been in frequent use so is starting to pick up some groove hiss and noise.

6 Likes

Somehow Neil sounds more “Neil” in all analog (yes this black slab predates digital):

8 Likes

7 Likes

Yo La Tengo - „Fade“

7 Likes

4 Likes

Original 1975 all analog release. Dylan at his loosest and wildest and getting ready for some Rolling Thunder

10 Likes

I would love another „Last Shadow Puppets“ album.

5 Likes

Kevin Gray starts his own label.

2 Likes