There was an issue loading your database Synology Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core on Synology NAS
RoonServer v1.8 (build 783)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NAS on Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPhone (WiFi), Macbook Pro (Ethernet), RPi (Ropieee) streamer on Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Sat down to listen to some music today and was greeted by the “There was an issue loading your database” message. Tried stopping and restarting Core, no luck. I get the same message regardless of device.

Help, I have people here trying to demo my HiFi!

Thanks in advance.

To add: Roon DB on External SSD attached to NAS. No issues navigating to RoonServer dir on SSD and viewing logs, files, etc.

Also, the system is a Synology DS918+, Intel Celeron, 4GB RAM, 4x4GB HDD, External USB attached SSD for Roon DB.

How about restoring the database from an earlier backup? If default settings are untouched it should not be older than 4 days.

Yea, I was just going to reply that I had to uninstall/reinstall and then restore from a backup and I’m back.

Funny I haven’t used Roon all week so I didn’t notice the issue until now but my automated backups ended a couple of days ago - perhaps when things went awry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Steve_Thompson,

A belated welcome to our community :wave:

I’m very sorry it took us this long to get back to you - normally, this is not what our response times look like.

I do appreciate that you’ve engaged with our Roon subscribers to find the solution (thanks @Bernd_Kurte for the help!).

Is there anything we can help with now?