There's an unexpected randomly static noise keeps happens when I use NAD T778 + ROON

There’s an unexpected randomly static noise keeps happens when I use NAD T778 + ROON.

Is there anyone with the same issue or someone can help me look into it?

Although it is not cheap, but I still decide to get one ROON READY because it supports different software and music format and can work on different platforms.

But recently I found out there’re some problems when pairing ROON with NAD.

I’m not sure is it due to BluOS version update or it’s because of the software.

When I’m playing music through ROON to NAD T778, I get burst sound or fuzzy sounds. There’s no fix frequency and it happens randomly.

At first I think it is because it doesn’t support Hi-Res, and maybe it only happens when playing 24bit 96k files.

However, after several comparison and test, I found that it (the fuzzy noise) happens no matter what music I played.

I tried different ways to test it.

-Using BluOS play FLAC or Hi-Res music files: no noise found

-Using ROON + OPPO BDP-203: no noise found

It only happens when I’m using ROON+NAD to play music.

Dose anyone have experience or anyone can tell me where is the problem? Or should I downgrade my software and test again?

Here is my equipment and hopefully someone can help.

Thanks.

Equipments:
ROON x QNAP TVS-h1688X (4.5.4.1800)
ROON Core:1.8(831)
BluOS:v3.14.26–

Is this with Dirac on or off?

I had a similar issue with my T758 v3i, but I was using Roon to control an external Bluesound NODE rather than the BluOS dongle connected to the receiver. Eventually I found out that it was an MQA issue. When I changed Tidal settings to HiFi, the problem went away. When I went back to Master quality streaming, I no longer had the static. Hope that helps.

Hi Rugby Dirac is off.

Thanks for your reply, but I did not use Tidal.I have try to turn off NAD MQA decoder at roon setting but not any help.My music file all save in NAS.
I don’t have any streaming subscriptions.

Try using Roon DSP engine to resample everything to 96kHz (or 48kHz)

Hi wklie
Yes,no fix frequency and it happens randomly.
Just now try using Roon DSP engine to resample everything to 96kHz (or 48kHz) but it’s useless.