Thinking of Roon Lifetime ? Read this

There is a 2 week try :stuck_out_tongue:

Shouldn’t that be: “Subscribe or subscribe not”…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t mind plex and plexamp for music, but you definitely need to be ultra anal with tagging and more or less go in with an idea of what you want to listen to etc.

It lacks a lot of QOL stuff that stops it being useful for me, great as a film/TV server though.

And they did! :smiley: That’s why I am here! :smiley:

v

So make Roon a streaming service. Like Tidal? What’s the point then?

Is everything in your collection also in TIDAL?

As everyone is so unhappy with 1.8, it’s the perfect opportunity for roon to cancel lifetime options…

4 Likes

And it’s quite clear from some of the stuff written across the community, that many audiophiles have no concept of how to set up a basic network…

9 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Criticism of ultraRendu

Here’s hoping you and I encounter several more disappointing updates in our lifetimes. I, for one, plan to be here to bitch about Version 14.4. In the meantime I’ll find a way to enjoy some music every once in a while.

6 Likes

And, unfortunately, it can be the case that their Hi-Fi dealer is equally clueless…

6 Likes

Post deleted…

1 Like

Which USB cable did you buy that cost $800?

I plan to stick with monthly for Roon and Qobuz. Can’t stand Tidal. If Apple Music ever goes lossless or Qobuz folds I’ll be gone.

3 Likes

I have 2 lifetimes on the same account so shouldn’t be an issue. I used to shift them around a lot between my home, my office (when I went to the office pre covid) and on my laptop when I travel (when I used to travel pre covid). If there is a problem I’m sure Roon can sort it out for you.

@Craig_Palmer – Yes, I was able to get the second subscription set up under the same account, thanks. It took Roon Sales a few days longer than anticipated to respond, and as there had been talk at the time (October) of Roon ending lifetime subscriptions, I was getting jittery! – but it was all good.

1 Like

Take me longtime to learn about network until I get hook to Roon Community. I learn so much from here. They all over from everywhere jump in to help. Guys here amazing.

5 Likes

Personally have no issues with the 1.8 upgrade. However, I have not taken advantage of all of ROON options. Maybe there is something negatively affected that I do not use.

I paid for one-year subscription when I first tried the software a year ago. Just before that subscription was to renew, went ahead and pulled the trigger on Lifetime. Figured I was going to renew anyway at $120. So really, in my mind, I could effectively subtract that figure from the $700 lifetime. I feel the lifetime actually cost me $580. How is the for justification, lol

Well, it’s done now, time will tell. Use the application often enough and enjoy the features that I have implemented within the application thus far. So believe it’s worth it for my use case. I have approx a 10K flac library and I use Tidal as well.

Normally, DIY my speakers and will most likely Pi4 my endpoints. So I save on the hardware end in that respect.

2 Likes

Check out the Pi2AES HAT then. It was such an upgrade for my Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, coming from Unison USB. Punches well above its price tag.

Currently using the Khadas Tone Board with a Pi4 and it is a pretty solid performer. It isn’t as good a the Cambridge CXNv2. But from price to performance perspective $100 vs $750 it is fairly close. Would expect that since the CXNv2 has one DAC chip for each channel.