Thoughts on Arc

Though truthfully I only think that and was too lazy to Google it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Budgie - You’re the Biggest Thing Since Powdered Milk

Artist: Budgie
Album: Never Turn Your Back on a Friend
Genre: Rock

1 Like

Oops and they are from Cardiff so I can be embarrassed by not knowing that :flushed:

1 Like

Ah, “critical listening”. To me, that loses the music, just a bit. Yes, I listen critically to my system to ensure it sounds as good as it can, but I feel that one can go too far with that to the point that you can’t enjoy listening to music that isn’t well recorded even when the music is awesome. If a song moves you, you should be able to let yourself enjoy it when played back from a cheap portable transistor radio. And with ARC, I can listen to my ripped LP’s and digital files that are not available on any streaming platforms- and I can do so from anywhere I have Internet access.
ARC, it’s wonderful, for me.

7 Likes

Of course, you are not right. Maybe you use only a small part of Arc possibilities. Because after the invention of USB driver in Arc it became possible “criticallistening” on the road too! And I entirely changed my outside habbits and equipment. Before this I used ordinary TWS headset without true Hi-Res quality. And now I changed headset to wired one, and bought USB DAC capable of DSD 256 and FLAC 512. And now I can hear all my multi-terabyte home collection on the road without any compromisses! I couldn’t do that without Roon Arc.

I’ve never bought this “critical listening “ thing.
I do have my M1 MacBook Pro setup with an iFi Zen DAC V2 and PreSonus Eris E4.5 BT monitors to toy around with. But what happened after I found the setting that works for me? It is just listening to music.

The same thing will happen to the Wiim Mini that I’ve ordered and which will hopefully arrive on Friday.

1 Like

As a user who switched to Roon recently:

1. I liked the roon but my issue was that it did not work with my phone only in my local network.
  2. After Arc came out I switched from PlexAmp :slight_smile:
  3. Only issues is that there are no cool fading like in PlexAmp but quality of audio on Roon is much better.

So for using it and enjoy Roon a lot hope they add more detailed stats of my playback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arc has been a great addition. I use it when I’m traveling and at my weekend place where I can enjoy my Roon library and Daily Mixes and other playlists. Roon is so much better than the Qobuz UI. This was always a frustration for me that Roon was locked in my house. I use Arc almost as much as Roon local.

1 Like

Sure you could, maybe not quite as easily.

I’ve stored my music collection in the VOX cloud for years now. But now with ARC and lifetime Roon I’m thinking about canceling that.

However an offsite backup isn’t a bad idea :thinking:

1 Like

Ten thumbs up!!! So simple to set up. And to be able to access all “my” music (Tidal & NAS store) anywhere I am is incredible. INCREDIBLE!!!

Many are alive because of powdered milk, pre sliced bread, not so much. I vote for the milk.

1 Like