B1405 Android remote freezing [Ticket in]

Continuing the discussion from EarlyAccess: Roon 2.0 Build 1405 and ARC Build 264 is Live!:

Not fixed. Chose an album to play. Went to home screen, used other apps. Opened Roon Remote to frozen app.

Totally unresponsive

Went to home screen on phone. Opened app to get a completely black screen.

Would upload more screenshots but getting an error uploading on the forum. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

And again

@vova
@support
@moderators please can one of you contact Roon on the bat phone to report this
@anyone

Please pull this EA release

Thanks for flagging this. Looking into it.

1 Like

If it helps, I have cleared the cache and data twice.

Hasn’t occurred again yet :crossed_fingers:

Hi, @Menzies, thank you for your posts. Could you, please, tell me if you started seeing this issue more frequently than you used to on previous builds?

Could you, please, also reboot your RoonServer and Roon client on Android and then keep the Android app running for some time? We are going to enable additional diagnostics for your account and hope they are going to provide us with more info.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

I recently did a clean install of Roon. I’m only using local files, and not using Qobuz or Tidal.

I have been trouble free for several weeks, and hadn’t experienced a freeze up this bad for a while.

Done

1 Like

Still occuring

And then the black screen of doom

Fully closing out the app gives control again.

@ivan just to note on something @menzies said. Even though I have stopped subscribing for the time being I was interested to see if having a fresh install would help with this remote issue. So started again with a trial account, a fresh user and db with no services connected purely local music and no extension etc. The latest general release was working fine for 24 hours. After I added Qobuz and nothing else the old habit of it crashing in background started to happen again. It does seem this is correlated to cloud connections some how. Might be worth looking into.

3 Likes

Good call @Simon_Arnold3 :+1:

Thank you, @Menzies, confirming that the diagnostics report was received, I passed it to the dev team.

Ivan

1 Like

Thank you @ivan

@ivan

For info, Roon Arc is also on EA, it was download via SSL a good number of albums whilst this was occuring.

For the past 2 hours or so it has no happened again.

More info.

My Android device again froze up, but my iPad did not.

30 mins or so before this, my iPad froze up but my Android phone didn’t.

My phone is on the current EA, the iPad is on the current production build (I know :wink:).

Once I’ve finished freshly ripping my CDs I’ll be wiping off the EA release and going back to either Rock or DietPi. Let me know if you wish to have further logs before then. Possibly tomorrow at some time.

1 Like

My android still takes one or more failed launch attempts and crashed when looking at artist info.

Hi, @Menzies, we were able to reproduce this issue locally and created a ticket for our dev team. Hopefully they are going to be able to find a solution soon.

Thanks!

Ivan

2 Likes

It’s an existing bug for about 6 months now. Roon Remote Greyed-Out Artwork and/or Hanging on Albums/Artist, Pages [Fix Released, Verifying] - #193 by RM_Kamphuis

@ivan I’m back on the latest production builds.

I’m using Roon almost a 100% with my local library. Last night no issues. At home today no issues.

As soon as I logged into Qobuz in Roon the remote app crashed and the phones screen within Roon was unresponsive.

I may have mentioned this before, but forget.

Is this a Qobuz/Tidal integration issue?

Just like @Simon_Arnold3 mentioned, I think you guys are onto something.

2 Likes

I won’t take credit for @Simon_Arnold3 's perseverance in this.

I do think the same though :wink:

1 Like