Tidal - Add track to Roon library after Album has been added to Roon library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Home | X64 | Intel Q9400 | Roon Version 1.6 Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Wired 300 up/down| Nighthawk

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB | Questyle CMA-400i | XMOS 2.0 ASIO

Description Of Issue

Given that Add To Library in Roon effectively adds a track or album to Favorites in Tidal, how then would one go about adding a track to Favorites in Tidal once the album that track belongs to is added to their Roon Library?

EG: If I add the Album “Warm on a Cold Night” to my Roon Library, it will add this Album to my Tidal Favorites where it will now show as an album in my library.

Now, if while playing the album (Warm on a Cold Night) the song “It ain’t wrong loving you” plays and I want to add this track to my Favorite Tidal tracks, how do I do this?

I use this feature often and as it stands it’s easier to continue to add tracks to my Tidal Favorites instead of Roon favorites since there seems to be no way to mass mark Tidal Favorites as Roon favorites for when I wan’t to just shuffle my favorite songs without having the entire album included.

I’m afraid you can’t. Once the album has been added to Roon, you can’t separately add the track.

Personally, I rarely use Tidal favourite tracks anymore, preferring to ‘heart’ them in Roon instead. I can then shuffle and choose appropriately.

Hi @David_Robinson,

As Brian mentioned above, you can’t add these tracks to your TIDAL favorites from Roon.

You can, however, use playlists, Roon favoriting, and tags to organize your tracks as you see fit in Roon.

Thanks fore the replies. To be sure, there is no way to easily “Heart” my Tidal Favorite tracks in Roon correct? I have 12XX songs so, this would be time consuming for me to do otherwise one by one.

They are in a playlist but it is a Tidal playlist. It won’t let me do anything as far as I’m aware since technically in Roon, these songs are already in my Roon library, but I see no way to narrow the Focus further to only those tracks without including every song from every Tidal Album that is also in my library.

Hi @David_Robinson ,

You can select multiple tracks by right-clicking them or using Shift + Click to select multiple, clicking the 3 dots, and favoriting.

I’m assuming I have to do this in a specific menu? When I select them in the playlist it does not offer me the option to favorite them.

Hi @David_Robinson,

Favoriting in Roon can only be done for items in your library. If the playlist you’re viewing is from TIDAL, or contains tracks not in your library, you cannot favorite them.

For tracks in your library, you can favorite them as seen below:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.