Tidal Album Fails To Play

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC7i7 Windows 10 Home 16GB 512 SSD for DB 2 TB SATA for library Tidal Masters Subscription

Core running 64 Bit 1.6 build 401 stable
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi RBR50 wired to cable modem and to Cisco SG200 switch, NUC also wired to Cisco switch, all switch connections Gb

Netgear Orbi RBS50 connected to RBR50 using Orbi WiFi backhaul

Internet is Comcast / Xfinity 150 Mb down / 12 Up

Speedtest.Net on Win 10 laptop in listening room just returned 147.58 down / 12.12 up with Roon streaming happily to Pi in the same room

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Pi 3 B+ RoPieee WiFi to Orbi RBS50 USB to Dragonfly Red, RoonBridge 1.0 build 169 stable

Description Of Issue

I added Steve Winwood’s Talking Back To The Night album on March 29th. I cannot play it. When I select the album and click on Play Now I get “This track is not currently available from TIDAL” errors on tracks 1-5 and then “Too many failures. Stopping playback.”. No issue with any other Tidal album that I am aware of. Playing his Arc Of A Diver (Deluxe Edition) album now which was also added on March 29th.

Winwood%20Failures

Tim

I am guessing this is a region rights issue (where are you located?). That title doesn’t appear through the native Tidal app at all for me (I am in USA), but it does appear on Roon for me as well, and also will not play for me. Says not available from Tidal. It is possible this is just not YET released for the USA market, but coming soon, and already in the background of Tidal, and Roon is somehow grabbing it through the API in error. I find similar situation with the yet to be released albums by Ghosts of the Forest.
I agree this is frustrating. There must be some tag that is not being observed by Roon that indicates whether an album is available to a certain region, or just not released yet that isn’t being used.

Same issue in UK

Hi @anon97951896,

Does this album play okay in the TIDAL app or do you see the same behavior there?

(I know you didn’t ask me but) the album does not appear in the tidal app, and neither do a number of other Winwood albums that do appear (and are unplayable) in Roon.

Brian (Sorry for interrupting )

Thanks @BrianW!

Since this is also not playing in TIDAL it’s likely just that TIDAL doesn’t have the rights to stream this content. As for why this is showing available in Roon, we will investigate.

1 Like

Thanks @dylan , @BrianW & @Kevin_Dufresne

I am in the US and use Tidal exclusively in Roon. Next time I will check the Tidal app.

Tim

My US TIDAL doesn’t have the album.

John,

Tidal accessed via Chrome on Windows 10 shows me 5 Winwood albums and Talking Back To The Night is not one of them.

In Roon I see 12 Winwood albums credited to him including Talking Back To The Night plus 9 others.

I checked my local library and I don’t have any of his albums except for John Barleycorn Must Die by Traffic

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.