Tidal and Local music keeps stopping (Sonos endpoints)

Hi @Dick_Cooper —— Hope holiday has been enjoyable!

Moving forward, I touched base with our tech team yesterday in regard to the diagnostics report we received from your system. We are seeing traces in the logs that are showing general performance issues with the mentioned endpoints, similar to the traces you shared in your previous posts (i.e “disconnects” and “stoppages in playback”), but unfortunately nothing indicating the cause of these issues with the Sonos based endpoints.

In light of the above we have enabled extra debugging on your account which is geared specifically to Sonos devices. When you are home from your travels would you kindly please restart your core machine and reproduce the behavior once more. This action will trigger this feature we have enabled on your account. Our hope is that this action will provide more detailed insight into what is occurring with the endpoints in your setup.

Furthermore, being as you have experienced this behavior with both local content on the NAS and TIDAL content, my sense is that you are experiencing audio dropouts. I had a case some time ago where one of our users was experiencing numerous dropouts with their very high end audio setup and after much troubleshooting it was determined that their NAS had a failing drive in it which was causing the issue. The point being is that we must look into multiple variables to try and understand what could be having influence on the behavior being experienced. I mentioned earlier that testing with come local content on the core machine would be a good data point just to confirm how things respond with the NAS out of the way (temporarily). At your earliest convenience would you please perform the following test:

• Move some content to the local storage of the core machine.
  • Launch the application and disable any watch folders being accessed via the NAS.
  • Setup a “test watch” folder in the application focusing on the content you moved to the internal storage of the core machine.
  • Confirm what playback is like with the NAS temporarily removed.

-Eric